GEN 2 B and O stereo great sound not loud enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stantheatmman

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect but as a musician vehicles aren’t made for great sound. Loud sure audiophile never. So if loud is what you want as I jace suggested to many get what sounds best to your ears at the lowest price. It’s your ears that will be listening

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect but as a musician vehicles aren’t made for great sound. Loud sure audiophile never. So if loud is what you want as I jace suggested to many get what sounds best to your ears at the lowest price. It’s your ears that will be listening
you would be surprised what a properly tuned sound system will sound like. we do several overhauls for musicians and they have all come to say the same thing. it sounds way better than what they expected. you get into an sq competition vehicle and you will be amazed at the sound. all of our sound systems are designed around how we judge those competitions as we want the tuning and sound staging to be the same.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you would be surprised what a properly tuned sound system will sound like. we do several overhauls for musicians and they have all come to say the same thing. it sounds way better than what they expected. you get into an sq competition vehicle and you will be amazed at the sound. all of our sound systems are designed around how we judge those competitions as we want the tuning and sound staging to be the same.

What he said.....

The majority of people have never sat in a true sound quality built car and have no idea what is possible.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard many time aligned systems in vehicles, what you end up with with be determined by your goals and your wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry my friend. When properly installed and tuned these statements are simply not true.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This all started by me tuning truck and adding intercooler and Intake.i put 4 set lights . I then went to get CI ****** Laser/radar system . Now I’m going to have truck lined with deadening and add $$$$$$

That's how it all starts ;-)

yep. truck is a rabbit hole

Yup

Thanks for info . As I said it’s above me

Fortunately, you got really good responses right up front, steering you in the right direction. I was lucky to only have the Sony to deal with, the B&O is a little less forgiving in mods. There’s definitely a $$$ floor that you have to reach before you make any sound improvement with the b&o.

OTOH, once I had just a sub added to the sony, I could really hear what was missing in the audio tracks, so I needed more :)

Some really good advice in this thread!! I am having mine done this week exactly as advised above. $600 for the Zen piece though. Can't wait to hear the results later this week. I know it will be amazing since the guy at the shop doing the work said " I want to live in your truck once this is done"

You’ll get a lot better quality sound, more precise musical reproduction, obviously more power and you’ll be able to hear a more full sound experience. As a result, you’ll hear quiet sections of music, tracks you missed before and you’ll be able to hear it better because it’s louder - if you want it to be louder.