GEN 2 B and O stereo great sound not loud enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A properly tuned system sounds way better than most home systems just saying. If you want impact it's easier to do in a vehicle than a home in my opinion.

Ebp2000ek

Reaction score
yep..lose the center speaker. totally not needed.

If your shop is not using The ZEN A2B device ($450) as part of your build, run away. You can't use high level input. @dhmcfadin is 100% correct and he, and I and others have tried many times to educate people on this board.

The B&O systems uses the factory "sony" amp and hardware and applies a DSP to it. The problem is, as the volume is turned up, the B&O DSP removes bass to try and protect the speakers. So no matter how much power or how big of speakers you throw at it, the B&O amp and DSP are why the systems sounds great at low volume, but also what it sounds so bad when you turn it up. you HAVE to remove it.

to adress the volume concerns....that was my main gaol as well. Replacing the factory amp and speakers in the doors and A pillar + 2 sub woofers 10s or 12's is more then enough.

I can cruise 85mph with the windows down and roof open and hear and feel my music.

Also, dont focus on "wattage" of what ever speakers you are buying. it is the most mis understoof measurement on speakers that doesnt mean what most people think it means. Just make sure you have 4x75-125 watt amp for your doors and pillars, and 400-600 watts for your 2 subs and you will be fine.

my build is a no frills build that gives a great bang for your buck without breaking the bank. Assuming you can do it all yourself. If you cant, add about $1,000 or so labor.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/it-is-done-started-my-b-o-replacement-stereo-install.68874/
I have installed some basic systems before so I have an knowledge of how to wire things and hook things up with a little help. I am not big on the technical side but I can figure anything out. Would you or anybody that you know that is experienced with the system must be willing to help willing to help me put together a budget friendly build. I'd be willing to pay somebody just for their knowledge and leading me in the right direction and maybe answer a few questions from time to time I just really like to do things myself to make sure they are done right but these systems seem to be complex and I don't want to **** my new truck up. Forums aren't really a big place for healthy days as nobody seems it seems to want to take the time to help somebody learn. I appreciate any input thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Paging @The Car Stereo Company.

Noah is one among many available here on FRF willing to help out brother and sister Raptor owners by enhancing their audio experience.

The advice you’ve read in the threads here are pretty much gospel. Budget money to do the whole system. At MOST, you can do the speakers first and then the rest but you will not get anything tangible from just speakers.

Once you have the budget made, get the stuff and either install it yourself at once or pay qualified peeps to do it. Even a self install is worth it. I had the Sony, which was easier to mod “piece by piece” but, I still ended up spending the same coin.

Don’t skimp ANYWHERE. if someone on here is telling you to spend more for better components, it’s because there’s a solid reason to do it. We’ve all been in your shoes at some point and a lot of us have spent more than we needed to to get the results. My Rap is probably the most I’ve dumped on vehicle tunes and I’m under $3k spent. I’d have saved a solid 5-7 hundred by listening MORE to the sage advice of others.

Good luck!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have installed some basic systems before so I have an knowledge of how to wire things and hook things up with a little help. I am not big on the technical side but I can figure anything out. Would you or anybody that you know that is experienced with the system must be willing to help willing to help me put together a budget friendly build. I'd be willing to pay somebody just for their knowledge and leading me in the right direction and maybe answer a few questions from time to time I just really like to do things myself to make sure they are done right but these systems seem to be complex and I don't want to **** my new truck up. Forums aren't really a big place for healthy days as nobody seems it seems to want to take the time to help somebody learn. I appreciate any input thank you

I would be happy to help...PM me.....

Just know....for it to be worth your time and effort....$3,000+ is what you are going to need to spend....doing it yourself........$4,000+ if you need to pay a shop

the B&O system is not conducive to piece by piece updates...it is Big Bang...do it all.....or dont do it at all

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im always around to help. if you want, you can message me your number and i can call you to discuss options. depending on your location, there may be someone close to you that i have worked with and can set you up so you can see their audio upgrade. feel freeto reach out
Paging @The Car Stereo Company.

Noah is one among many available here on FRF willing to help out brother and sister Raptor owners by enhancing their audio experience.

The advice you’ve read in the threads here are pretty much gospel. Budget money to do the whole system. At MOST, you can do the speakers first and then the rest but you will not get anything tangible from just speakers.

Once you have the budget made, get the stuff and either install it yourself at once or pay qualified peeps to do it. Even a self install is worth it. I had the Sony, which was easier to mod “piece by piece” but, I still ended up spending the same coin.

Don’t skimp ANYWHERE. if someone on here is telling you to spend more for better components, it’s because there’s a solid reason to do it. We’ve all been in your shoes at some point and a lot of us have spent more than we needed to to get the results. My Rap is probably the most I’ve dumped on vehicle tunes and I’m under $3k spent. I’d have saved a solid 5-7 hundred by listening MORE to the sage advice of others.

Good luck!
sure, just whor.e me out like that. i feel used now......