Axle hop explaination and a cheap cure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think @skyl3r had some custom traction bars made...

Yup and she off-roads hard with them on, no problems.
But they sure are built well!!!

I have the custom +2 and while there still is wheel hop being Supercharged,
it's not as violent as it was with the stock and the other set of springs I had.

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
Here's my traction bars. Got them from SVC. Wheel hop is 100% GONE! And I'm supercharged with 650hp. I have Deavers +2 and still had wheel hop until I got these traction bars. They look like they hang down low, but you can see in the last picture, it's not that low. I haven't gone offroad yet. If they do cause any issues offroad, I'll go back to SVC and see what they can do. They are not exactly cheap as the thread title says. But they are totally worth it to me.

IMG_20150224_173635_zpssffkndyn.jpg

IMG_20150224_173646_zpsqquhlpzv.jpg

IMG_20150322_182753_zpsumxvaegh.jpg

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay read the text, very good stuff. Maybe i have not understand it 100% or maybe i have the same problem so maybe you know a solution.

I ride a 2014 Raptor SuperCrew Cab. At the moment the suspension is stock. Garage install Deaver 3+ Leaf´s and Fox 3.0 on the rear, because the ride is very rough, so i hope that the suspension get more comfortable.

But one more problem on my Raptor is (especealliy) when i ride round about 60mph/100kmh that the truck feels like he all the time move forward and rear backward, like a nod. So i don´t know is it a problem about the (at the moment) rear leaf´s, is it a problem about the big tire or is it a problem about the front suspension???????????????????????????

And does a anti whell hopping kit stop this problem?

Thanks
Daniel

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay read the text, very good stuff. Maybe i have not understand it 100% or maybe i have the same problem so maybe you know a solution.

I ride a 2014 Raptor SuperCrew Cab. At the moment the suspension is stock. Garage install Deaver 3+ Leaf´s and Fox 3.0 on the rear, because the ride is very rough, so i hope that the suspension get more comfortable.

But one more problem on my Raptor is (especealliy) when i ride round about 60mph/100kmh that the truck feels like he all the time move forward and rear backward, like a nod. So i don´t know is it a problem about the (at the moment) rear leaf´s, is it a problem about the big tire or is it a problem about the front suspension???????????????????????????

And does a anti whell hopping kit stop this problem?

Thanks
Daniel

Sounds like you are getting some feed back or resonance from the concrete joints in the highway. Did you notice it with the stock suspension and with the upgraded one?

You can adjust rebound on the 3.0's to add more dampening to keep the truck from "nodding". However, you will not want to off road with the rebound set that high and will want to adjust it before any good off road events.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe

at the moment everythink on the Truck is stock. I wait for it that the Garage install the Deaver and the Fox, than i can give you a feedback.

Okay whit i understand is that you write that when i ride on street i need a other setting than offroad. That sounds logical to me.

I have read that the axle movement i discripe will stop if i install other leaf springs, so i hope that i work after the Deaver 3+ are installed. But if not does a anti wheel hopping kit help?

And is it good/able to go offroad with that kit???

Lots of question in my head. Would not have this problem if i had bought a BMW X5 or any else but it´s to boring ^^

Daniel

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rogue Racing traction bars seem to make the truck more planted overall in the rear on my '14 with Deaver +2 and stock shocks...