Axle damage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that you got Deavers and eventually fix/replace the axle, you need to address the OEM bumpstop you removed, especially if you off-road. Get a bumpstop kit or at least replace with something OEM like the Forged Off-road one. We sell KHC or RPG too. Let me know if I can help as we offer FRF member pricing.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it does appear the tube rotated within the housing. @K223 was very generous and offered to swap axles with me. lol jk jk. In all seriousness, I won't be doing that again without bump stops and deavers. Ideally I would want to swap the good components over to a new axle housing and have it reinforced. Im seeing this as my best route. With that being said, what ways have people reinforced the Ford 9.75 axle? Would like to do that while its out of the truck and dont want to go through this twice although bumps and deavers will help... i might as well beef it up while while im at it.

If you want to see pictures of the jump:

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you indeed rotated the axle tube within the diff housing. If you’re really into such off-road antics I would either fix the existing diff/axle tube alignment and do a full weld around the axle tube/diff joint AND the spring perch plates attached to the axle tubes OR just replace the whole assembly AND do the full contact welding of all joints.
Thank you for the good info!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it does appear the tube rotated within the housing. @K223 was very generous and offered to swap axles with me. lol jk jk. In all seriousness, I won't be doing that again without bump stops and deavers. Ideally I would want to swap the good components over to a new axle housing and have it reinforced. Im seeing this as my best route. With that being said, what ways have people reinforced the Ford 9.75 axle? Would like to do that while its out of the truck and dont want to go through this twice although bumps and deavers will help... i might as well beef it up while while im at it.

Uhhhhhhhh??? Noooooooo

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m sure there are plenty of folks reinforcing the 9.75.

Your initial best bet for info on what people do would be to find the short course F150 guys that are running the stock diff housing.

You certainly could truss is, but I know a fair amount of the details would depend on your plans for the rear. How much up travel you want, if you willing to make your own bump stops or bolt on off the shelf ones, willing to sacrifice ground clearance, etc.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there are plenty of folks reinforcing the 9.75.

Your initial best bet for info on what people do would be to find the short course F150 guys that are running the stock diff housing.

You certainly could truss is, but I know a fair amount of the details would depend on your plans for the rear. How much up travel you want, if you willing to make your own bump stops or bolt on off the shelf ones, willing to sacrifice ground clearance, etc.
Thanks Jake. Nice meeting you out there.