Awful sounds coming from my brand new Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm bringing mine to the dealer. I don't really think it's acceptable at this point and won't take a "normal operation" response from them.

It may be normal operation until enough people complain to have Ford issue a TSB is issued, NHTSA gets involved, etc. Even if a TSB or recall is issued at this point it will be months before Fox could satisfy the amount of replacement parts.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be normal operation until enough people complain to have Ford issue a TSB is issued, NHTSA gets involved, etc. Even if a TSB or recall is issued at this point it will be months before Fox could satisfy the amount of replacement parts.
Exactly why I want to get ahead of it. I've experienced the pain already with the Bronco. Had no radio or center screen for over a month, and I sold it without having the part and let the new guy take over the warranty issue.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I want to get ahead of it. I've experienced the pain already with the Bronco. Had no radio or center screen for over a month, and I sold it without having the part and let the new guy take over the warranty issue.

Numerous other people have had Fox shocks replaced. I don't know what to tell you other than it will be more than a month. #CarmaxFTW

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Numerous other people have had Fox shocks replaced. I don't know what to tell you other than it will be more than a month. #CarmaxFTW
Better a month here than 6 months later. Plus it's not like the trucks not driveable.. I can handle the inconvenience of the clunking but until you drive a brand new car with no radio and no screens and deal with that embarrassment, I'm lucky to have more than 2 cars unlike some others. If that was my daily.. damn that would suck.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, it’s bad and it’s noticeably present through the frame in the floor and the pedals. My gen 2 was noisy in the rear but not like this. Both new trucks

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had one of my rear shocks replaced and the whole clunky noise issue is resolved. Now there is still a hollow noise at low speed but i had similar noises on my 2014 and 2019; i won’t bother pursuing that.

Raptor2022

Reaction score
try checking n2 pressure in your shocks. not sure which one should be in gen3 but gen2 was 200-240 depending on who you ask. but I'm sure if you see it's below 150 - that's your noise from cavitation. have to be checked at full droop!