AWE 2FG Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socaljayhawk

Reaction score
So I had an exhaust rattling issue...INSANELY loud, embarrasing to even drive the truck! The Stealership said it was a faulty muffler, but they were on backorder. So broke down and got the AWE 2FG exhaust installed out of pocket. I made the mistake of having the shop that did the swap just keep the stock muffler since I thought is was the issue. Of course it wasnt, it was the resonator. Went back to the dealer and they fixed it next day...so pissed. Tuttle-Click Ford techs cant diagnose for ****.

The AWE exhaust- I hate it. Like really really hate it.

Anyone in the SoCal area want to trade for your stock exhaust? This exhaust just isnt my thing. Sorry if this isnt allowed here, just thought Id check. Free swap for someone if theyre in the market for one...

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in SoCal, but will trade for the stock on my ‘20 in DFW. Also, about the rattle you had…have any videos or more details on it? How did you pinpoint it to the resonator?

OP
OP
socaljayhawk

socaljayhawk

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I think I need to turn on notifications somewhere. I thought they were so didnt know I had replies.

@Nibbl3s It sounds awesome at idle, and at low accelleration. But when you lay into it, it sounds like a modded Subaru.

@LeadFootLarry I think shipping would kill us, probably not worth it for either of us. It was difficult the rattle. They had my truck several days and still mis-diagnosed it to be the muffler. One tech thought wastegate rattle. I'll try to attach the video clip of it just at idle in the next reply if it'll let me.

OP
OP
socaljayhawk

socaljayhawk

Reaction score
This was early on , it got MUCH louder a couple weeks later. Had to shorten the clip to post it.

This was just at idle. It got louder as I gave it gas. Initially it went away after it got warm...then a couple weeks later it was constant.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.MOV
    12.9 MB

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was early on , it got MUCH louder a couple weeks later. Had to shorten the clip to post it.

This was just at idle. It got louder as I gave it gas. Initially it went away after it got warm...then a couple weeks later it was constant.
Recommend just the SPD trombone resonator delete with stock exhaust or their new exhaust which does sound pretty good at WOT.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten to like the modded Subaru exhaust note actually. I have the Flowmaster system. Sounds good at idle and low rpm, gets ricer after that, just like the AWE. I don’t mind it, but mines not a DD