AWE 0FG Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Figured I would drop in real quick and offer a quick review on the AWE 0FG exhaust, for anyone that is possibly on the fence!

I'll start off with the ordering and receiving of the exhaust first. I originally reached out to AWE towards the end of April with some questions on the exhaust and the main differences between the three models. I have ran with Borla for almost every truck prior to the Raptor, so you could say I was skeptical at first switching over to AWE. The customer service was exceptional and after spending a considerable amount of time going back and forth on the phone, I decided to put the order in before even hanging up.

Now due to how this last year has been with COVID and production rates, the shipping on the exhaust took a little longer than what anyone would have anticipated. While this wasn't the most pleasant experience, the frequent updates from AWE made the wait far less miserable. The exhaust arrived in two packages and went straight to a local shop that same day for install. I read plenty of forums and watched a decent amount of videos, enough to where I most likely could have done it myself, but honestly the time I would have spent trying to install it versus the shop, made the decision to pay the man that much easier.

As soon as I showed up to the shop to pick up the truck, the blacked out tips were the very first thing to catch my eye! This is the primary difference between the 1FG and the 0FG and I personally think if you're going to spend the money on the exhaust in the first place, you might as well spend it all and get the tips put on. They definitely create a clean look!

steve-exhaust-photos-6.JPG

steve-exhaust-photos-9.JPG

Now the first thing I noticed when i got behind the wheel and actually started driving with the new system, was my gas mileage was going to get worse because I can't keep my foot off the pedal! The deep roar in the pipe is so enticing that I find myself stepping on it just to get to 10th gear faster, so I can hear the constant rumble when cruising down the road. My wife just rolls her eyes because she thinks it's unnecessary, but we all know it's completely necessary!

My original plan was to hang onto the stock pipe just in case the AWE 0FG was too much for my liking, but after the last 2 weeks I can honestly say that I have no intention of switching back. I've even convinced my buddy, who also drives a Gen 2, to look into trading in his Corsa for an AWE. We will see though! All in all, I highly recommend the exhaust and if you are gonna follow suit, make sure to just go all the way and enjoy the blacked out tips!

steve-exhaust-photos-3.JPG

Follow the instagram below for the video edit being released shortly!

Instagram: @rockymtnraptors
Exhaust: Gen 2 Raptor

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%!! I had my 0FG installed 2 weeks ago and I am also ready to get rid of the stock exhaust. The sound level is exactly what I was looking for.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add my two cents. I have the 0fg exhaust combined with kooks green catted DP and stage 1 Goosetunes map. The exhaust for me personally is too raspy in mid-range RPM's and has too much interior cabin noise at highway speeds.

Bought the truck with all the mods installed, and they have been broken in, so I think exhaust is all personal preference of what you're looking for.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes to some resonance, but I wanted a loud exhaust and it doesn’t bother me. I always opted for Touring exhausts previously and wished I had more exhaust sound.