AWE 0 fg On Sale and Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edubpdx

Reaction score

Driving montage with new exhaust. The clip driving thru the tunnel all my windows were closed because I had just had my windows tinted.( not supposed to open them for 3-5days)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jake226

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this corsa system >> https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...exhaust-system-14397gnm?variant=5605847236638

I started the install today and it took me 1 hour just to remove the passenger side tail pipe. That sucker was in there tight. You don't need to drop the spare but having it out to way really helps. I just happened to drop the spare last week to clean it. As you know the spare is not balanced so after detailing it, I amde an an appointment to balance it. Given the spare was out I decided to do the exhaust.

The OEM tailpipes are stout and has a massive heat shield. My only complaint about the OEM tail pipes is that the tips are welded to the rear pipes. I wish they were attached via a band clamp so you could run an aftermarket tip.

Regardless the oem tail pipes are plenty tough and I think anyone wanting a 0FG should just run the 1G.

I installed my 0FG this past Saturday. The tail pipes were easy on mine to remove, as was the muffler. That resonator took me about hour by itself though. The bolts on the clamp were extremely difficult to loosen in the limited space provided due to their orientation. I don’t think I got enough penetration oil on them (and I only let everything soak about two hours). This is the first exhaust I’ve put on anything I’ve owned and my first time wrenching under a vehicle. I used ramps and jack stands just to be safe as I was a bit nervous doing the install myself. Took about three hours to remove the old exhaust and about 3.5 to install the new one. This thing sounds great (deep and LOUD) from outside the cab after the first 250 miles I’ve put on it. Driving around cab noise seems really loud so I’m wondering if I got everything on just right. I have to assume that 0fg stands for 0 f%#ks given. Cold start is thunderous...which I enjoy immensely. As the exhaust warms up it seems to just be pleasant at idle...when you give it some gas though it gets loud.

14322C62-5E9C-4D25-B873-F9AB858F7C46.jpeg 0BB99773-9891-4B95-B5AF-0936C7F61C65.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jake226

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Driving montage with new exhaust. The clip driving thru the tunnel all my windows were closed because I had just had my windows tinted.( not supposed to open them for 3-5days)

I assume looking at your pics you had the 0fg installed. How much louder is your exhaust in the cabin while driving? I know phone clips are misleading but your cabin noise didn’t seem to be crazy loud. Do you believe the exhaust to be significantly louder?

After install I did a quick check for leaks and didn’t notice any.... I haven’t turned off the fake noise through the speakers yet. I’ll do a more thorough leak/install inspection this weekend just to be sure.

Love the look, the exterior exhaust note, and it seems to have pepped up the truck a bit. Only downside is the volume in the cab....Hot dog, this thing is louder than I expected it to be while driving with windows up.

edubpdx

Reaction score
I installed my 0FG this past Saturday. The tail pipes were easy on mine to remove, as was the muffler. That resonator took me about hour by itself though. The bolts on the clamp were extremely difficult to loosen in the limited space provided due to their orientation. I don’t think I got enough penetration oil on them (and I only let everything soak about two hours). This is the first exhaust I’ve put on anything I’ve owned and my first time wrenching under a vehicle. I used ramps and jack stands just to be safe as I was a bit nervous doing the install myself. Took about three hours to remove the old exhaust and about 3.5 to install the new one. This thing sounds great (deep and LOUD) from outside the cab after the first 250 miles I’ve put on it. Driving around cab noise seems really loud so I’m wondering if I got everything on just right. I have to assume that 0fg stands for 0 f%#ks given. Cold start is thunderous...which I enjoy immensely. As the exhaust warms up it seems to just be pleasant at idle...when you give it some gas though it gets loud.

View attachment 141619 View attachment 141622
Yup. That cold start rattles the floor boards on my second level.! No joke. I love it! The other day I remote started it from my office. The moment I walked outside,I could here it. It was parked on the 3rd floor of a huge, 6 level parking structure!

Mine was professionally installed. I don’t think the cab noise is that load. It’s a little more basey then stock, but unless your flooring it under 50 miles an hour it’s not that noticeable. If you your must crusin around town and your delicate on the accelerator it’s not loud. After about 60 miles an hour that angry rumble goes away.

OP
OP
Jake226

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. That cold start rattles the floor boards on my second level.! No joke. I love it! The other day I remote started it from my office. The moment I walked outside,I could here it. It was parked on the 3rd floor of a huge, 6 level parking structure!

Mine was professionally installed. I don’t think the cab noise is that load. It’s a little more basey then stock, but unless your flooring it under 50 miles an hour it’s not that noticeable. If you your must crusin around town and your delicate on the accelerator it’s not loud. After about 60 miles an hour that angry rumble goes away.

Yeah, I’m going to have to take another look at mine then to make sure there are no leaks... it’s easily 3x louder in my truck while driving around town.

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences and feedback. Having a resource like this forum really helps us new guys get up the courage to work on some of these projects for the first time.

OP
OP
Jake226

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got back under the truck last week and fixed some issues. 1) passenger resonator section was touching cross member and I hadn’t caught it when tightening the exhaust connections down. 2) had a couple noticeable leaks that I discovered post resonators 3) found out that while the instructions said 40 lb/ft torque on the connections, the troubleshooting tips on the AWE site suggest 60 lb/ft of torque for each connection. 4) blind nuts on factory passenger side resonator connection should’ve been tighter as well.

Spent a couple hours investigating and fixed all issues noted above. I can’t get my torque wrench on the passenger side factory resonator clamp so I spent 30-40 minutes getting those puppies as tight as I could.

One week after my second attempt and I’m happy to report that I’m loving this exhaust. The work last week seems to have paid off. Exhaust volume in the cab is noticeably quieter, my ears dont hurt after an hour of driving as they did the week before. It’s got about 500 miles on it in the last two weeks combined and week two has been far more enjoyable than week one. My wife and kids rode around with me this week in it and the wife actually liked it. Vast improvement over last week when I couldn’t even get my joy riding Boston Terrier to crack a smile in it.

bpetty13

Reaction score
Got back under the truck last week and fixed some issues. 1) passenger resonator section was touching cross member and I hadn’t caught it when tightening the exhaust connections down. 2) had a couple noticeable leaks that I discovered post resonators 3) found out that while the instructions said 40 lb/ft torque on the connections, the troubleshooting tips on the AWE site suggest 60 lb/ft of torque for each connection. 4) blind nuts on factory passenger side resonator connection should’ve been tighter as well.

Spent a couple hours investigating and fixed all issues noted above. I can’t get my torque wrench on the passenger side factory resonator clamp so I spent 30-40 minutes getting those puppies as tight as I could.

One week after my second attempt and I’m happy to report that I’m loving this exhaust. The work last week seems to have paid off. Exhaust volume in the cab is noticeably quieter, my ears dont hurt after an hour of driving as they did the week before. It’s got about 500 miles on it in the last two weeks combined and week two has been far more enjoyable than week one. My wife and kids rode around with me this week in it and the wife actually liked it. Vast improvement over last week when I couldn’t even get my joy riding Boston Terrier to crack a smile in it.

Just checking in to see if you are still loving the 0FG?

OP
OP
Jake226

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checking in to see if you are still loving the 0FG?

I liked it before...I’m loving it now. The harshness and interior volume has mellowed even more since my second trip under the truck. Windows down its Very growly and screams when you want it to. The crazy deep cold start is my favorite thing about it. Also, could just be in my head, but the exhaust seems to have given the truck a bit more “pep”.

Be warned...There is no denying that it has increased cabin presence. You’re not going to be able to ignore the difference. But it’s also not a deal breaker for me. For the $1000 I paid I’d make the same choice over and over again.

I haven’t heard the Corsa Xtreme in person (~$2200 with tail pipes) it was my number one choice before picking this one up. For the normal $1800 Price of the AWE I’d probably still be trying to make up my mind between the two of them. It’s hard to ignore all of the positive reviews on the Corsa and the negative reviews on the AWE. So it does make me wonder what I’m missing.

bottom line: I don’t know what I don’t know. Corsa might be the best ever or it might be crap. What I do know is that my ears are loving what they’re hearing now and the 5” diamond black tail pipes are very sharp.