Auxiliary Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehawncho

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone here has crossed this bridge already. I installed a set of electric cutouts on my truck, the toggle switch that comes with the kit is a momentary switch that sends 12v to open the cut outs and reverses the polarity when toggled the opposite way to close the cut outs. I’m trying to figure out a way to make the cut outs work with the factory auxiliary switches, but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas?

If there is a relay that could be wired to an on/off switch, and the relay alternated polarity with each 12v signal it received I believe that would work, but it’s an oddly specific purpose and I doubt there’s a relay out there for that function.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is DC so then only way to reverse polarity is to swap the + and - ? Does not have a common ground and two leads which is looking for a positive signal? If so then it will take two switches. If you have to physically switch the wires to reverse the polarity, then you will need a reverse polarity switch which will have to be mounted and you will not be able to use the upfitter switches.