GEN 2 Aux switches LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trig911

Reaction score
Stupid question, should the LEDs on my Aux switches be lighting up when I flip them on and off. I don’t have anything hooked up to them yet, but assumed they were under power and still should light up. I’m about to install some Baja design fogs and don’t want issues before I begin.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when they are flipped on they will change color from blue to yellow/amber. They will do this with or without anything hooked up.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am pretty sure your ignition needs to be on before they change color. If your ignition is not on then flipping the switch does nothing.

Stupid question, should the LEDs on my Aux switches be lighting up when I flip them on and off. I don’t have anything hooked up to them yet, but assumed they were under power and still should light up. I’m about to install some Baja design fogs and don’t want issues before I begin.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Trig911

Reaction score
Even with my truck running my switches are not lighting up. I assume they are on different fuses so they must not be getting power in some other way. Not sure if I’m able to check the connection somehow.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your switches do not work unless truck is on. You have the blue as interior lighting when you first get in. If you do not turn the truck on, when you hit the switches the blue goes out and no amber comes on. To power them up you must turn the vehicle on. If they do not turn to amber with truck running you have a problem. Fuse?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think it is the fuse as all 6 switches is on its own fuse. What are the chances you have 6 bad fuses.

Regardless I would pull one fuse and inspect it.

You could also just test 1 button via the hot wire under the engine just to see if you are getting power when you flip the switch.

Even with my truck running my switches are not lighting up. I assume they are on different fuses so they must not be getting power in some other way. Not sure if I’m able to check the connection somehow.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power on your truck. turn on the lights. they should be blue. flip the switch, they should be yellow/amber.

If they don't go blue or yellow, there is a fault somewhere.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just went out to my 2019 and turned on the ignition but did not start the engine (push start-stop button 1 time) and toggled my switches and they lit up amber. My headlights and parking lights were not on.

headlights or parking lights must be on for the switches to light up.

OP
OP
T

Trig911

Reaction score
With the truck on and the headlights on or off my switches are not lit up at all. I connected a fog light under the hood to one of the wires and there’s no power. All of the switches are dead guess I’ll have to make a service appointment.