AUX lights on, Radio reception goes bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no issues with my setup. I run all LED though so I don't have the same concerns as the HID lights. Not sure if mine qualifies as "monster light setup". But I know I have a ton of light output. Mostly Whelen LED with a Rigid 40" and an off brand 30" LED behind the grill.

TVille Raptor

Reaction score
Greetings folks!

Resurrecting an old thread here, but curious as if anyone found a fix for this? I put a set of Alpha Rex headlights with LED DRLs and the DRLs are killing the radio reception. I wired them to my upfitter switches and when I do kill the DRLs, my reception comes back. I have them grounded right at the negative post of the battery. Anyone have any luck with capacitors on the positive side maybe to filter out the noise?

Thanks in advance!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know unfortunately. depends on the led and the current driver. it might need a phase controlled driver. you can also check the ground going to that particular light