AUX 1 - 10a (increase to 15a?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new BD lights and tried to run 4 off the factory Aux 1 wire (11.6a total), which raised an issue. The fuse box detail in the manual says Aux 1 is 15a, but the section specific to upfitters says Aux 1 is 10a, which is correct. It's a 10a in spot 62 (fuse box labels this as for Upfitter 3 relay, but it's actually for Aux (upfitter) 1).

So my question is, can I safely replace the 10a with a 15a? Looks like same gauge for all upfitters. If not safe, I'll have to split the 4 lights and wire a set to Aux 2.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
follow the specific section about the uplifters. it will be more up today.

If you need more than 10amps, use the up fitter switch to trigger a relay. Will require a little extra wire and a fuse off the battery, but will be much safer.

Do not just jam a 15 inch fuse in the box. that Is how wire harnesses get burned and trucks catch on fire.

OP
OP
R

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
follow the specific section about the uplifters. it will be more up today.

If you need more than 10amps, use the up fitter switch to trigger a relay. Will require a little extra wire and a fuse off the battery, but will be much safer.

Do not just jam a 15 inch fuse in the box. that Is how wire harnesses get burned and trucks catch on fire.
Thanks - was hopeful, but figured as much.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, Looking at the wiring diagram it shows upfitter relay 3 (fuse62) feeding the factory rigid fogs that are powered by the aux1 switch. Both upfitter relay 1 and 3 also show to be 22awg but not sure i would risk just swapping a fuse. The relays are non servicable so if you jack one up, it's not an easy fix.

Daddio

Reaction score
where are the fuses located.... My fuse box in the engine bay has a 15 amp fuse in that location that cant be right?????? are the upfitter fuses actually located some where else?