Automatic Tailgate Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a thread on this forum

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/automatic-tailgate-lock-1050/

And we need someone to lookup the color codes of the wires for the Door Lock Selenoid leading from the selenoid through the door to the drivers side kick panel back to the BCM.

NOT repeat NOT the wires wires for the alarm or the wires from the door lock switch!!!!!!
as these wires are before the relays.

And to confirm that the door lock selenoid is in fact a two wire hook up.

I have searched several forums and nobody has a clue not even the 3 manufactures of the after market tailgate locks.

Last edited:

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
I have the Ford service manual DVD for 2010 F150. On the sheet with the solenoid motors in the front doors, there is a BU-GN (blue w/green stripe?) and GY-BN (gray w/brown stripe) coming from the motor. It shows a connector in the door and the BU-GN is pin 45 and the GY-BN is pin 44.

I did a screen capture of the sheet and you can provide me an email address or PM me with an email address and I can send you a PDF of it. I can also scan in the connector face so you can see the pin locations.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Also, the solenoid motor only has two wires coming off it. From what I can tell, the polarity reverses from the Smart Junction Box (SJB).

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
No problem. I have one of these on the way and you are blazing the trail. It would be great if this is solved by the time I get mine.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just came in, but I am leaving it in the box until I find out if it works.

Thanks guys!