Automatic Rear Windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dug into retrofitting automatic window switches for the rear windows? When I say automatic, I mean the functionality with the second click that makes them go all the way up or down. My BMW it on all four windows and I miss that feature.

I wasn’t sure if the full functionality for this was within the switches themselves or elsewhere on the truck. Looks like you can buy the full switch assembly for only $95 but it’s that whole entire unit on the driver’s door. I only care about the functionality on the driver controls, don’t need the rear buttons to do the same.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MAMiller44 did you ever figure this out? Have seen no replies but was something I would like to do as well. Really non-sensical that all 4-windows are not wired that way. Is the logic in the switch or does it reside somewhere in the "motherbrain"?

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. So, it’s not the switch but the module/motor in each door. Wonder if I found a couple modules in a salvage yard would they be plug and play. Would you know that by chance.