auto vs on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2018 Raptor. I love having all the amber parking lights on during the daytime. Love the look. But I have always used the "auto" selection in my pass trucks. If I turn the switch to the "on" position they are on and I notice that after I get out of truck the lights will cut off after so many minutes. Not sure yet how many minutes it takes yet. Is there any reason I can't just leave the switch in the "On" position all the time that I don't know about?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this and run all amber + amber turn as DEL and just leave in auto. Works great.

Me too, I have parking lights and turns all on as DRL using forscan. Cost 20 bucks for the connector and 20 minutes to figure out what i wanted to change.

Steve Yates

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to leave the headlights in the ON position rather than AUTO, but want to make sure there are no issues with doing that. The lights seem to stay on for about 10 mins, which I imagine should not drain the battery too much.

I know I can use forescan to change settings, but I'm nervous the Forscan will cause problems with warranty issues later. If I go that route, anybody have any issues?

Steve