Auto Transport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twoyellowlabs

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am new here even though I have been watching this forum for a year. I ordered a 2018 lead foot from Heller Ford in December. They tried to get it shipped but with holidays etc I decided I would find a trucking company myself. If you search auto transport companies, there are several "get a quote from qualified transport companies in minutes" companies. Next morning my phone was ringing off the hook. I decided to go with a company that swore they would have it out within three days. Of course one week later, they only transfer me to customer service in the Philippines and get the same generic answer about when the truck will be shipped. Here is the kicker, they want you to sign an agreement when you agree but when you actually print it out, there is a back page that says you cannot cancel within ten days and if you do, they charge 100 dollars and if you cancel before then, they charge the full 250 deposit. Needless to say, I got screwed because someone told me they could do it quickly no problem. About to make my first payment and my truck is in Illinois. My experience with Heller Ford was awesome and I bought the car out the door less taxes for almost 5% below sticker. The ongoing transportation experience is horrible. Auto Transport 123 is the name of the horrible trucking company. I now have to wait until next Thursday to send them a cancellation notice via certified mail to get out of this contract. Anyone have similar experiences, know a way of getting out of this contract and can anyone suggest a reputable carrier? Sold my Tundra two days ago and now truckless which makes this even worse. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.