Auto tilt steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does my car have the option for the steering wheel to automatically adjust when entering and exiting the vehicle?
I have a friend that has a 2016 f150 lariat and when exiting after turning off the truck, his steering wheel auto adjust for a more leg space. I do have the 802a package and the main owners manual I got is the same as a non raptor f150 that didn't help me.
Thanks in advance.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy Entry/Exit is what you're looking for in your manual. Steering wheel/seat move to give you extra room to exit and return back to what have saved in memory when you push start.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford's implementation of comfort entry and exit is spot on. Seats and steering column fold away quickly after you kill the engine. On my C7, the same feature works more slowly, as it did on prior cars as well.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't call it spot on...

It's stupid that it only does one at a time, seat then steering wheel, why not do both at the same time? That would be spot on.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's stupid that it only does one at a time, seat then steering wheel, why not do both at the same time? That would be spot on.

My only logic is when you try to roll up multiple windows at once they all feel underpowered. A power distribution type thing.

So the Raptor does have Entry/Exit function? Haven't gotten to that one yet.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - Enable Easy Entry/Exit via the steering wheel controls - granted have to have the right package for such...

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does my car have the option for the steering wheel to automatically adjust when entering and exiting the vehicle?
I have a friend that has a 2016 f150 lariat and when exiting after turning off the truck, his steering wheel auto adjust for a more leg space. I do have the 802a package and the main owners manual I got is the same as a non raptor f150 that didn't help me.
Thanks in advance.

Yes you do, just go into the menu setting via the steering wheel controls and you can enable it. Just helped a friend with a new 2018 802a enable his...

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have seen multiple people say this, but my seat and steering wheel move at the same time when I press the start button.