Auto stop eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't talking about the auto start stop symbol on the dash. This is an item in the menu. A completely pointless item, but an item nonetheless.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page 118 of the Owners Manual states;

Auto StartStop - Shows the current status of the Auto StartStop system.

It is not a switch.

But this setting has a checkbox [ ] that can be checked and if you check it [x] it does disable Auto Start / Stop for the current engine run cycle only. Just like the dash push button...

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eliminated Auto Start / Stop yesterday by pulling the little plug to the left of the brake pedal and OBD port. It works great, no issues so far. At first startup and when at a full stop with my foot on the pedal the Auto Stop Disable Icon appears on the display below the right os the Tach. The light on the button does not light up unless pressed. But pressing it now does nothing.

EZ to unplug once I used needlenose pliers to squeeve the little tab the locks the plug into the socket. My thumb to big to get in there to squeeze it. With needle nose pliers it was a 5 second job.

20190131_152143.jpg

20190131_145620.jpg

20190131_145707.jpg

20190131_144616.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo s

Reaction score
Here's a thought. If you can buy a set of male and female plugs could a simple jumper with a toggle switch be plugged in place of the black trailer light plug? Then instead of plugging back in whenever you pull a trailer you could just flip the switch.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought. If you can buy a set of male and female plugs could a simple jumper with a toggle switch be plugged in place of the black trailer light plug? Then instead of plugging back in whenever you pull a trailer you could just flip the switch.

Might work....

Turbo s

Reaction score
Since they are both $99 what are the pros and cons CANopener vs. Autostop Eliminator?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When unplugging the black plug on the trailer brake module do you still see the Auto Stop Start light/icon come on when you come to a stop like the CanOpener?

What about that same light/icon operation on the Autostop Eliminator?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
When unplugging the black plug on the trailer brake module do you still see the Auto Stop Start light/icon come on when you come to a stop like the CanOpener?

What about that same light/icon operation on the Autostop Eliminator?
Auto stop eliminator works like it should have from the factory, basically the button rememberers the last setting. If it was off last it stays off if it was on it stays on. If you want it push the button. This is best for me so I don’t end up with a dead button on the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts