Auto stop eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcampo

Reaction score
Gents,
not sure if anyone is aware of this product. Just giving everyone a heads up. This is a plug and play option that allows you to turn off the auto start-stop and keep it off. It will stay off until you hit the button and turn it on putting it back into it's normal function mode. Watch the videos the install is straight forward and not difficult, took me about 15 min.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

Or simply put it in Sport mode which turns off the auto start-stop, not to mention the truck is a lot more fun to drive in sport mode.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just pull the trailer light plug under the steering wheel and save $100

Takes 2 seconds and can easily plug back in if you ever hook up a trailer. No down side at all.

don't know why anybody would otherwise want to switch back and forth. Stop-and-go is either a function you love to have on or you love to have off
Can you explain which plug your referring. Just bought a new Raptor last week? Thx

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Just installed mine last night. Works great and I did not end up with a disabled button on the dash. Also I can use it if I feel the need. One of the few things that we can buy for $100 for our trucks, solid construction. All in all it would be better at the $50 price point but happy with the results.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in preparation for the arrival of my 2019 next month (I hope!!) - I ordered one of these Auto-Stop Eliminators that the link on the first page of this thread points to.

I like the fact that it looks seamless and remembers where you keep the switch at when you turn the truck on and off. I'm sure I'll be forescanning, but I like the option of having the button still working. Later on when I get a tune, I'll still have the option then too. Regardless, I'm posting this to tell you about the fantastic service I got from TRL Automotive on the transaction.

Even before it arrived in my mail box; Travis from TRL emailed me to let me know that they had sent one that would not work with my future truck. The connector was wrong; Ford changed something on them and he was reaching out to customers ASAP. He said they had new connectors on the way and would fix me up soon enough. It arrived as promised and I set it aside. (My truck's taking a while to arrive anyway.) Today, I got an email from him telling me a replacement unit was on it's way to me and no need to return the wrong one. It will arrive before my 2019 and I'll be all set. That's great customer support. If you decide you want one of these you will get treated well by the vendor.

Now all I need is my 2019 Velocity 802A Screw...:emotions33:

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine last night. Works great and I did not end up with a disabled button on the dash. Also I can use it if I feel the need. One of the few things that we can buy for $100 for our trucks, solid construction. All in all it would be better at the $50 price point but happy with the results.

I will be installing this Autostop button toggle / disable device too. $99 seems expensive but the Canopener OBD Programmer is the same price on sale. The Canopener disables the switch permanently though. You have to run the Canopener again to turn Autostop back on.

There's also a post about unplugging the smallest 2 wire plug, the bottom one of 3 on the plate to the left of the brake pedal base. It sounds like the plug that tells Autostop the brake is pressed. I'm going to try that but unplugging any wires always leaves the question does it affect anything else?

This Autostop feature is a small but very irritating thing. The times I forget to turn it off are the times when I need quick acceleration and the engine is off, like a left turn in traffic! Its as dangerous as the Skip Shift to 4th gear on manual trans cars!

My Advanced Settings has an Autostop Off [ ] setting but if I check it, the check mark is gone the next time I start my Raptor. EPA probably made Ford disable that setting change. I wonder if Forescan can disable Autostop through this advanced setting by hardcoding [x] it to stay checked?

Autostop will be on all vehicles soon if not already. My wifes 2017 Highlander has it too. It has a disable button same deal as Raptor. Disables for current run only.

They want to put us all in self driving vehicles. Take out the human element! As it is now you have to be a Coder to work on half of the stuff in these new vehicles.

Last edited: