Auto stop eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still baffled that this feature is the single most talked about subject on here while at the same time having the most options to "fix" one of which is available stock, which is the button.
I agree it is funny to me as well. The most asked part of a tune for these vehicles is to disable this. You would think with having the ability to shut it off on your own for free would be OK but this is what people want.

Reaction score
The first time I came to a stop making a left hand turn with oncoming traffic and engine shut off just before giving it gas I was pissed as hell of this "feature" I forgot to turn off. I did install this Autostop Eliminator and only wish I did it sooner, a 3min install and forget it ever existed...

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much cleaner option than disabling battery management through Forscan or using a trailer plug.

Yes disassembling part of the dash and hacking in a piece of third party wiring is surely cleaner than using a built in factory software program to accomplish the same thing

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever solution is chosen the Raptor as a performance vehicle should come from the factory with the auto start stop function set to off. At the very least the dealer should have the capability to switch the default to off during the PDI.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whatever solution is chosen the Raptor as a performance vehicle should come from the factory with the auto start stop function set to off. At the very least the dealer should have the capability to switch the default to off during the PDI.

They cannot unless the EPA estimates were done with start/stop disabled. As far as capability... Well if we can do it with forscan, you can be assured the dealer has the "capability" to also disable it. That doesn't mean they will or are even allowed to do so by Ford.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They cannot unless the EPA estimates were done with start/stop disabled. As far as capability... Well if we can do it with forscan, you can be assured the dealer has the "capability" to also disable it. That doesn't mean they will or are even allowed to do so by Ford.

Correct... Car and Driver did an article and pointed to the manufactures getting incentives from the EPA for vehicles with a “nonlatching” start/stop system. It must be the predominant operating mode and the driver cannot permanently disable it for them to qualify. I’m sure Ford simply pinched pennies and decided to make the feature standard on the entire F150 lineup.

Thankfully there are owner available options to get around this. But that may change in the future as more manufactures add the “feature”.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes disassembling part of the dash and hacking in a piece of third party wiring is surely cleaner than using a built in factory software program to accomplish the same thing
Yes, adding a simple logic board to control a single switch while letting the rest of the firmware behave as designed IS much cleaner than disabling the factory Battery Management System to force ASS into permanent limp mode.

Where's all this animosity coming from? Ford is simply playing the cards dealt to them by the EPA. Every manufacturer is doing it including FCA and GM. My son's Grand Cherokee is the same way while my wife's Buick doesn't even have the option to disable this shit at all.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JD06

JD06

Reaction score
I love how people on here describe hacking into your dash...…. Really!!!!!!!!

Removing 02 screws, pulling your dash bezel forward, unplugging the wire from the switch and plugging the autostop eliminator in between, and putting it back together is no that difficult.

Oh, and if you can't spend $99.00 on a $70,000 dollar truck, maybe you have bigger problems!!!!!!!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how people on here describe hacking into your dash...…. Really!!!!!!!!

Removing 02 screws, pulling your dash bezel forward, unplugging the wire from the switch and plugging the autostop eliminator in between, and putting it back together is no that difficult.

Oh, and if you can't spend $99.00 on a $70,000 dollar truck, maybe you have bigger problems!!!!!!!

$99 solution that simply plugs into the ODB2 port and disables in a few seconds. Plug in and disable, plug in again enable, etc.

https://www.4dtech.com/startstop/

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Just ordered mine. I like the fact that if I stop on the job site or in town I can push it and the truck will go off so I can have a conversation but I can have it off 99% of the time. No hacks needed....