GEN 2 Auto Start Stop; Shut it off forever in 15 minutes.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Big Blue, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Big Blue

Big Blue FRF Addict

I hate the auto start stop feature and its always the first thing I turn off when I power up. I know there are tuning and scan options, but saw this easy fix and it works like a charm! Literally took 15 minutes from start to done and it's off forever!

Gilligan likes this.
  2. Sick03SVT

Sick03SVT Member

Why is this so hated? I've literally never turned mine off or even notice it working. I suppose I don't understand

POOPonYOU likes this.
  3. Raptorguy1

Raptorguy1 Full Access Member

This was one of the first solutions offered after the hitch plug solution to shut if off. Now that I've had my truck a while, I'm used to hitting the off button as soon as I start then open the mirrors, put in reverse, press the button to get rid of the split rear camera view and go.

Big Blue likes this.
  4. 8WOOD

8WOOD Full Access Member

Did this 2nd day of ownership over 2 years ago. Not a single issue.

Big Blue likes this.
  5. Big Blue

Big Blue FRF Addict

I saw the hitch plug option, but it disables the review view camera which is no good, so this appears to be the best solution.

6. lawdog

lawdog Full Access Member

The trailer wire disconnect is the easiest way to fix this, hands down, and is reversible just as easily.

charliebrown likes this.
  7. pnoob2

pnoob2 Full Access Member

This is awesome ! Thanks for the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. cookiehumper

cookiehumper Full Access Member

AutoStop Eliminator was super easy and only $99. The truck remembers that you turned it off and you can enable it again if you’d like.

9. desertspeed

desertspeed Member

I just did this over the weekend and it is very easy and definitely works. The hardest part was finding the right size wire to use. 18g is too large to fit in the slots in the connector, and 24g wire is too flexible to push in completely. I ended up using a short (1") section of 0.035 welding wire bent in a "u" shape. It fit perfectly in the slots and it takes a pretty good pull for it to come out, enough that there is no need to secure it with electrical tape.

On my 2018 I jumped the 3rd (white wire) and 4th (purple/black wire) pins from the right.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. Jackkk

Jackkk Member

Although I have-not disabled my A/S, I'm considering it for one reason. Heat. In the summertime with the A/S engaged and the fan at half speed, I can feel the heat radiating down from the sunroof even with the shade closed. In the winter, I am not as bothered by the A/S.