auto start stop: a solution I haven't seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is real simple. If you don't use a trailer then pull the trailer light wire plug. No downside at all and can be plugged back in a second

Otherwise use forscan or get the switch.
But I have no idea why anybody would ever want to switch back and forth between auto stop. It seems like you either love it or hate it

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While much cheaper, you lose backup sensor function as well as the dynamic reverse lines on your backup camera. I suppose if you didn't have the 802a package and/or didn't mind loosing the backup sensor function then it would be worth it. Me personally, I felt this method was more of a band-aid on a bullet hole fix; I didn't buy a $75k truck to rig it over a $100 fix that checks all the boxes.

I don't think you paid $100 for yours, based on the review relationship you have with them, but I don't begrudge anyone their choice. I tried my cheapo fix before I saw/heard about the trailer wire mod, and before your preferred product came out. I don't miss the sensor or the lines on cam...I actually backed (gently, thankfully) into a small pine tree the sensor did not "see" at one corner at night when I had the truck for just a few weeks, so I still don't fully trust the tech alone.

Anyway, this is still America, and this is still a great truck, so y'all do what you want and be happy.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I just wish "Sport Mode" had a a better shift process. Holds gears way too long in "sport". I would like a highbrid of sport and normal mode.

Get a Pedal Commander. I don't like using sport mode because it feels like it wants to drive through the brakes somewhat. Pedal commander makes "highway" feel like "sport" without the hanging shifts and rpm's. My opinion.

Edit..I deactivated my auto stop with forscan. Did it a week after I bought the truck and haven't really thought about it since. Software is free, think I spent $20 on the USB adapter thing.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have to have FORscan for Windows or will FORscan Lite for Android turn it off?

All changes have to be done using the windows install with an extended license. You get the extended license by registering in their forum, then there's a page you can access to generate the license code.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could just use a jumper wire and by pass the switch. AutoVlog $99 vs jumper wire $0. I used the jumper wire and no problem at all.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the trailer wire mod last week...took 20 seconds, no auto-start-stop, full functionality, free.