Auto Start Disabling option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADJUJU

Reaction score
Anybody know what the wire OPs referring to is/does?
I wondered the same... but there were too many chiefs on this thread and not enough Indians... instead of answering the question the chiefs took the path of least resistance
and simply pointed out the route that best suited them or promptly sent the OP to the search button... so CHIEFS! what's the plugs function?!
a simple "dunno" will suffice.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wondered the same... but there were too many chiefs on this thread and not enough Indians... instead of answering the question the chiefs took the path of least resistance
and simply pointed out the route that best suited them or promptly sent the OP to the search button... so CHIEFS! what's the plugs function?!
a simple "dunno" will suffice.

Way to ingratiate yourself into a Forum when you have 7 posts.

You tell this Forum CHIEF ...

You fault the forum for not responding to what you don't know the answer to?

Check it out, do your homework, take some responsibility if you feel so inclined and let us all know what you find.

Research it, pick up a meter and buzz out the circuit. Do not take the path of least resistance and do not point out the route that best suites you

Last edited:

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You fault the forum for not responding to what you don't know the answer to?

Check it out, do your homework, take some responsibility if you feel so inclined and let us all know what you find.

Research it, pick up a meter and buzz out the circuit. Do not take the path of least resistance and do not point out the route that best suites you

He basically said what I was thinking. I don’t care how many posts he has he’s right. OP asks about wire and then the thread turns to shit, your post included.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and yours?

I don't see any thread responses other than people trying to help.

and a suggestion to search especially on this topic is valid, it's not a lazy way out. A 3 second search will instantly return a hundred responses that the OP can investigate

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He basically said what I was thinking. I don’t care how many posts he has he’s right. OP asks about wire and then the thread turns to shit, your post included.
There are some here that if you don't want to follow their advice get pretty upset. If I wanted to get rid of the auto start/stop, I'd rather spend the $100 to get the device someone has proven works and not pull wires because someone on the internet says that's OK.

BADJUJU

Reaction score

You fault the forum for not responding to what you don't know the answer to? ( listen Cap:), I wondered if anyone read the OP's question before replying, No reason to FAULT anyone, the question was never answered)

Oh dear... I've struck a nerve (where's the snowflake emoji ) :) what "triggered you" was it getting called out for being a faux pas CHIEF or lack of reading comprehension which prompted you answer the OP Stupidly.

giving advice for the sake of a higher post count. one guess, a liberal snowflake.

This word you chose "ingratiate" that's not a word I'm familiar with... that's not me!

Here's a lil story Cap'n... while you're sitting home keeping watching on your post count :) We (oil company) shut the rig down due to flooding here in East Texas, can't get the equipment trucks in.

So I was off a few days. I didn't sit at the computer trolling the forum, unlike you Cap, I Packed the truck, drove to Matagorda bay for some night fishing and took the Raptor out to some Texas dunes.

Point is Cap (Cap'n or captain) I haven't the time to sit my Arse and build a high post count.
I will only log on when I'm not busy or living life in general... but until then I'Il leave you with a thought.

Being popular on the internet is like being rich in Monolopy, and you my friend are rich.

lets hope you're a better Cap'n than Chief. :)

OP
OP
Highpox1

Highpox1

Reaction score
Greetings- new to forum. Just bought a '19 Raptor. Regarding the Auto-Start-Stop button, an office buddy said that disconnecting the 'wire' that plugs into the negative terminal on the battery will kill that option. Now, given this is all new to me, I am not about to start unplugging wires...wanted to float that one out to the Forum. There is just one wire that officially 'plugs' into the black (neg) grounded terminal, but it also tees off of another wire that goes lots of other places. Not sure exactly what this wire is. Anyone ever tried this, or know what this wire does? Thanks!

FOLLOW UP- meant to follow up my original thread.. This little connection here at the battery IS the sensor power for the Auto-Restart. Unplug it, and that's it. No more engine stops. It's just that simple. That's all that little switch does.

AutoRestart power switch.jpg

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at many prior threads, other forums, Youtube videos, etc discussing the options for disabling the auto start-stop. To me all of the homegrown and tuning solutions had side effects that I was not comfortable with. I chose to go with the AutoStop Eliminator module, which has worked great.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I looked at many prior threads, other forums, Youtube videos, etc discussing the options for disabling the auto start-stop. To me all of the homegrown solutions had side effects that I was not comfortable with. I chose to go with the AutoStop Eliminator module, which has worked great.

YMMV.
Did the same and have had no issues, works great.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Auto-Start-Stop button, an office buddy said that disconnecting the 'wire' that plugs into the negative terminal on the battery will kill that option.
View attachment 118818

See here we've reached the point in time to clarify your desires.

1) Do you just want to know how members on this forum have effectively disabled the Auto-Start-Stop function of the truck?
or
2) Do you really wanna know what that particular wire connected to your battery's negative terminal is for?

For the first question, search is your friend. You can buy a number of products that will do it. You can pull the button and place a jumper in it. You can unplug a wire under the dash. You can stick a trailer minder in your trailer plug (if equipped). Or without a single physical modification, you can go into FORScan and disable it via software. All pretty damn easy. Many are free. Various advantages and disadvantages that will be detailed in the various threads dealing with it.

For the second question, no one here has ever discussed that as a method to achieving the goal of disabling Auto-Start-Stop. Your friend at work just may be a genius or maybe he just told you how to disable your airbags. No one really knows. Perhaps some other genius who knows the 2019 wiring diagram by heart will jump in with an explanation with what said wire disconnection will do...but if you really wanna know I'd probably head to the dealership and say, "Hey, I noticed this wire here...what is it for?" and then don't settle for any BS answer until the head of service and head of parts have weighed in and concluded with certainty that they know what it is for. Then come back here and share with us all exactly what it does.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir