Auto Start Disabling option?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Highpox1, Feb 9, 2019.

1. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

Correct

2. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

The ASS on the Raptor can indeed be disabled on every start cycle by pushing the dash-mounted button.

The issue is not one of difficulty pushing the button, the issue is that there will be times when the driver forgets or does not disable the feature, comes to a stop, and the truck shuts down.

I don't like the feeling of the truck shutting down unexpectedly and I and others chose to disable that 'feature' one way or another.

3. Raptorguy1

Raptorguy1 Full Access Member

Having the A/C on full blast (most of the year here) also prevents it from shutting off. Also barely having your foot on the brake pedal will also prevent it shutting off.

btrflyglfr likes this.
  4. Highpox1

Highpox1 Member

Sorry for stirring up a worn topic-- yes I had used search and saw a plethora of ways to defeat the button. I did not want to pull apart my dash, pop buttons or short wires just yet. The question was more about the odd wire plugged into the negative terminal. I still have no idea what it does. Since all my other vehicles have never had an odd wire plugged into the negative terminal, it's worth knowing what Ford is up to here. If that was directly related to the Auto SS, then bonus. Clearly easier than de-constructing the dash. Anyway thanks....

5. starkall

starkall Full Access Member

[​IMG]

Unplug the bottom plug on the module next to the brake pedal. Easy peasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. No Clue

No Clue Member

Tin Can Rap and cddawgs like this.
  7. cddawgs

cddawgs Member

I bought a "can opener" from 4Dtech. Very, very simple, and zero issues. Was "on sale" for a hunski but hey, it was driving me nuts.

8. Graham Frazelle

Graham Frazelle Member

Is that the ONLY thing this plug does? If so, super simple fix! Can others confirm?
    BMW does indeed have a smarter solution than either Ford (or Porsche for that matter.) Porsche is like Ford in that you have to push the stop/start button every time you get in the car to disable it.

9. LVsFINEST

LVsFINEST Full Access Member

Anybody know what the wire OPs referring to is/does?

10. image98

image98 Member

I used Forscan on my 17 disabling auto start and stop. Easy to revert back via the software.