Auto Start Disabling option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highpox1

Reaction score
Greetings- new to forum. Just bought a '19 Raptor. Regarding the Auto-Start-Stop button, an office buddy said that disconnecting the 'wire' that plugs into the negative terminal on the battery will kill that option. Now, given this is all new to me, I am not about to start unplugging wires...wanted to float that one out to the Forum. There is just one wire that officially 'plugs' into the black (neg) grounded terminal, but it also tees off of another wire that goes lots of other places. Not sure exactly what this wire is. Anyone ever tried this, or know what this wire does? Thanks!

WIRE.png

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings- new to forum. Just bought a '19 Raptor. Regarding the Auto-Start-Stop button, an office buddy said that disconnecting the 'wire' that plugs into the negative terminal on the battery will kill that option. Now, given this is all new to me, I am not about to start unplugging wires...wanted to float that one out to the Forum. There is just one wire that officially 'plugs' into the black (neg) grounded terminal, but it also tees off of another wire that goes lots of other places. Not sure exactly what this wire is. Anyone ever tried this, or know what this wire does? Thanks!

View attachment 118818

I'm not sure about the battery connection (it seems too simple), but there are plenty of ways to disable the dreaded auto start/stop function that are quick/easy and reversible. This is what I did;

Last edited:

BADJUJU

Reaction score
Plenty of threads here, "search"
if you have nothing of value to add, keep it moving bud.

the OP is asking a simple question seeking knowledge of a never before mentioned plug, i'll go ahead and ask...
you've apparently seen all the threads on 'auto stop'... have you seen the plug he's referring too.

there are tons of thread on 'oil separators' here, but everyone seems to like those, no one says "use the search"

relax chief!

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it disables start/stop by disabling the battery management system? That's how it works when you disable start/stop via Forscan.

If you are asking the simplest way to do it, I'd do the trailer plug under the dash. https://www.f150forum.com/f118/disable-auto-start-stop-seconds-406110/

I'm sure a shill from autostop eliminator will come by soon as well if you want to spend $100 for the same result.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you have nothing of value to add, keep it moving bud.

the OP is asking a simple question seeking knowledge of a never before mentioned plug, i'll go ahead and ask...
you've apparently seen all the threads on 'auto stop'... have you seen the plug he's referring too.

there are tons of thread on 'oil separators' here, but everyone seems to like those, no one says "use the search"

relax chief!

His answer is the most valuable. This question has been beat to death around here which is especially ridiculous when you have a factory option with the button that turns it off. Catch can discussions pale in numbers

BADJUJU

Reaction score
His answer is the most valuable. This question has been beat to death around here which is especially ridiculous when you have a factory option with the button that turns it off. Catch can discussions pale in numbers
ok chief...
but its a discussion form... all questions have been beat to death... relax!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok chief...
but its a discussion form... all questions have been beat to death... relax!

Unclear why you are so aggressive 'chief' .... 'relax'!

No, not all questions here have been beaten to death.

A 3 second search will reveal literally hundreds of posts on the subject vs the 5 responses he may receive daily on this thread.