Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Auto Lift, 4 Post Bendpak HDS-14T & Others.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum' started by Gunner1975, Sep 20, 2018.

Sponsored By: Car Parts
  1. Gunner1975

Gunner1975 Member

Have been trying to log in for quite some time so I had to start a new account. (Previously Gunner75)

Looking for pictures and or experience with those running 4 post lifts. After a couple of years of looking at lifts I dropped the hammer on a Bendpak HDS-14T 4 post lift and two 7k jacks. (Not a certified lift for some reason)
    Hope to have it installed in a week or two.

I've worked under several lifts back in my automotive years but for my home shop I opted for a 4 post (wide and tall) for general servicing of my vehicles (including 12 Raptor), and muscle car restoration/storage.

Curious if anyone runs a 4 post or heck a 2 post even. Post up some pictures if you have em. Thanks.

2. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 Full Access Member

I have a bendpack 2 post, 9,000 lbs... Disassembled in the garage. Need to build my shop to suit as my garage is only 10 feet high and I need 12'1" clearance, minimum. I've used these in the past and had good experiences. A heavier vehicle like my Super Duty will fit, but it seems a little unstable and scares me to be under it. The Raptor is heavy, but not an issue. After using a lift, it is very tough to go back to working on the ground.

3. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

someday.....

4. Gunner1975

Gunner1975 Member

[​IMG]

BenBB likes this.
  5. Gunner1975

Gunner1975 Member

More to come, just got it operational this evening.

6. Otis857

Otis857 Full Access Member

Sweet! I'd love to have one at my house. I use 4 post and 2 post lifts at work a lot and I actually prefer the 4 post fpor the ease of set up. Does yours have the rolling jacks too? They are worth every penny if you dont have them already.

7. Gunner1975

Gunner1975 Member

I ordered two 7k jacks for this setup. Should be here in less than a week. Could have got by with one and a stand spread, but life is short and I was fortunate enough to have the coin on hand. Tire rotation, brake work, etc will be quick and easy now! Love the 14K wide lift for my daily driver and 3/4 ton with big tire/wheel set up.

8. Raptor Vet

Raptor Vet Full Access Member

Are you happy with your truck lift? Would you buy something different with what you know now. I like the Backyard Buddy "Workforce" with 84 inches of clearance...any body have update for this thread?... Thanks in advance.

9. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Full Access Member

We bought the Direct Lift ProPark 8+ nine years ago and was not even thinking about a Raptor then. Too wide to fit :mad: Great 4 post lift though. Also have a sliding jack between the rails for wheel removal/suspension work

IMG_0684.JPG

Has wheels so we can roll it outside

0213161353.jpg

Raptor Vet and BenBB like this.
  10. Raptor Vet

Raptor Vet Full Access Member

Backyard Buddy is/has changed their name to Steel Valley Lifts...can't really find any brand I like better...super duty lift has 9000lb rating and 84 inches of clearance... any OP would be appreciated...thanks