Austin TX best Raptor off road area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just moved to the north Austin area. I have been to Hidden Falls already and it’s definitely fun to drive and camp. However I’m looking for something I can open the Raptor up on.

Any good suggestions?

Thank you!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
cycle ranch has a short course. It has the potential to break your shit if you go even a little too fast.

Texplex is in Midlothian. they have a 8-15 mile loop ( depending on how wet it has been) that is pretty fun. I've hit 110 over there.

Texplex does a prerunner day once a month that TMX sponsors. It is also a great opportunity to meet the texas raptor community. IIRC it is $100 for the day.

Lots of folks from Austin and Houston head up for it. When my truck is actually together, I come in from New Orleans for it.

Little sahara in OK is also fun.

Outside of those, for the most part, you have to head into west texas, NM or AZ to hit really fun stuff.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody gonna mention Rally Ready? Not my favorite track-wise, but it is in Dale, so right outside of Austin. They have monthly track days IIRC.

Texplex is the best track in Texas (IMO). Technical but also very fast. Any other place will be slower. Rally Ready gets tight in the back woods area, and while I've not been to Cycle ranch, it seems to be more about jumping.

Still need to try Little Sahara. There's also Crossbar Ranch and Soggy Bottom Trails in OK, but you'd be better off not driving as far and just going to Texplex IMO.

I've hit 110 over there.

What part of the track did you hit 110 at? I've gotten close to 90 but I can't seem to accelerate to anything faster in the areas where my suspension can handle it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Nobody gonna mention Rally Ready? Not my favorite track-wise, but it is in Dale, so right outside of Austin. They have monthly track days IIRC.

Texplex is the best track in Texas (IMO). Technical but also very fast. Any other place will be slower. Rally Ready gets tight in the back woods area, and while I've not been to Cycle ranch, it seems to be more about jumping.

Still need to try Little Sahara. There's also Crossbar Ranch and Soggy Bottom Trails in OK, but you'd be better off not driving as far and just going to Texplex IMO.

What part of the track did you hit 110 at? I've gotten close to 90 but I can't seem to accelerate to anything faster in the areas where my suspension can handle it.
In one of the iterations that I ran last year around this time there was a straight along the fence line where Jason and I both hit triple digits.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Not much in the way of jumps or obstacles, but Padre Island National Seashore, South of Corpus is a good place to open it up for 50-60 miles of beach driving with not many around. We will be down there messing around for Thanksgiving. Last year, my 14 y.o. was cruising it at 75 mph for miles at a time. You can go down and fish, shoot guns, whatever.

I would be up for a Rally Ready run if anyone wants to go.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexPlex is a great track! Went to last months prerunner day and had a blast. Prerunner day for November is actually this upcoming Saturday. Wife’s gonna come out for it with me this time. You should come up and check it out. Well worth the cost of entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize Georgetown was only about 2 hours away from Midlothian. Knowing that, personally I'd rather make the trip to Texplex more frequently and save Rally Ready for weekends you can't go too far away.

If you want to see both tracks, I've got dash footage from both for comparison if you are interested.

Texplex typical layout

Rally Ready (always changes a bit, but overall you'll get the idea)

Others have posted videos of the other places mentioned here. I think some of them are buried in my "Ford Raptor" playlist.