Audio Upgrade Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Just a few pics to share and my experience.

Focal's are really bright, I'll be doing some more tuning to try to tame them down.

JL 10W3's are nice and tight. Didn't want to go for crazy SPL or rattle the whole cab.

Helix DSP.3 with Conductor is awesome and has some awesome flexibility. Great sound stage. Just need some more fine tuning to play good will all of my taste in music.

Zen NAV-TV is not great, it works. I expected more of a seamless integration. Just not impressed by it and yes it's running the latest firmware. Seems like it lags when it comes to chimes.

Everything was done by AgouraAutoSounds in Agoura, California by the owner (Jaime) and his team. I chose the box design to copy the graphics on the Gen 3 37PP with the Baja map.

IMG_6627.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6407.jpeg
    IMG_6407.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 103

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice lit up enclosure, wheres the pics of the panels back on, do a pic of the door panel off and on, I want to see how the speaker looks. I know it sounds dumb, but that's how I visualize, lol.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Zen but Noah did some work with the company and some settings and it cleared it all up like factory. Did you run the Flax for all the speakers?

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Looks great! If you still can't figure out those Focals you should give Morels a shot. They sound much more warm and evenly balanced tonally.
I’ll be honest I didn’t listen before buying them. Focal was just coming into the Cat Audio game when I was just getting out of the hobby. I was more of a Dynaudio and MB Quartz kind of guy. My friend got the Focals and I’m remember I was impressed. If I ever upgrade, I definitely want a warmer sound. For now I’ll try playing with them. I’ve already made some good progress. Just try to get some more seat time. Working from sun up to sun down it’s hard.

At home I’ve had B&W and I now have Martin Logan and like the ML sound.

Thanks for the compliment.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Nice lit up enclosure, wheres the pics of the panels back on, do a pic of the door panel off and on, I want to see how the speaker looks. I know it sounds dumb, but that's how I visualize, lol.
The truck was in the shop all week. A lot of these pictures are what was being sent to me as he was doing the work. I can get additional pictures but sorry I won’t be pulling door panels off. Lol!

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Zen but Noah did some work with the company and some settings and it cleared it all up like factory. Did you run the Flax for all the speakers?
I ran them in the front and just used some lower level coax from focal in the rear. I wanted to focus on the front stage first since the rear is just for fill. What exactly did you have done to your Zen. Don’t me wrong it works. Just not as transparent as I’d like it to.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran them in the front and just used some lower level coax from focal in the rear. I wanted to focus on the front stage first since the rear is just for fill. What exactly did you have done to your Zen. Don’t me wrong it works. Just not as transparent as I’d like it to.
he was having issues with the backup sensors playing audio, a high noise floor, and blutooth problems. got it fixed for him though. there are 2 updates for the zen module that have to be in a specific sequence to update successfully. otherwise it might brick it. i believe the new zen units are updated already though