Audio system question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorman

Reaction score
2019 802A. Been using iPod nano 7 attached with usb. Suddenly system does not recognize playlist commands. Plays random playlists. Get a “browsing not available” message when trying to browse through playlists. Music is there, can ask for artists and it plays. Also get a “playlist empty” message.
I’m not very savvy with all this. Any advice from those much smarter than I?

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try different USB cable and/or port, then try BlueTooth, if none of that works - back up to iTunes and factory reset the Nano then reload and try again, and if that doesn't work - you could try reloading Sync though if you're unfamiliar with the process you will probably want to read up on it first. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
Motorman

Motorman

Reaction score
Tried bluetooth, no commands with that. Tried a much newer iPod I use with my 2019 HD FLHXS still the same result. Will try a reset and reload.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the other/newer iPod working, I'd say it's time to read up on updating/flashing Sync and give that a try. (The other iPod exhibiting the same symptoms isolates the issue to the truck) I'm guessing a recent iOS update happened which affected operability with the Sync system until that is updated as well.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with iPod integration has been spotty...I use an iPod classic with a lot of music on it, which gags Sync due to its "indexing" feature. You cannot do searches or browse while it is indexing a device, and it seems to take longer with an apple device. Sometimes a verbal search for a playlist or artist works, sometimes it's off by a letter. Sometimes, it just gags/bricks the iPod, and you have to do a hard reset on the device. It's common and frustrating issue that seems to go across all platforms/versions of Sync. I have had better luck with a USB drive with less material on it, or using bluetooth from my phone, or using CarPlay. If you keep using the Nano/iPod, expect to have to reset it and deal with the funky issues.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or try and "reindex" the drive. This can be found by going into the general settings and then music player, I believe.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribe to iTunes Match and just stream your entire collection through your phone, no need to carry music around on storage device. If its a song that isn't already in Apple Music, it uploads it to the cloud for you. It's $25/year and can store up to 100,000 songs.

Last edited:

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribe to iTunes Match and just stream your entire collection through your phone, no need to carry music around on an iPod or your iPhone. If its a song that isn't already in Apple Music it uploads and stores it in the cloud for you. It's $25/year.

That may work, but I really don't want to pay apple more/again to listen to my music, and doesn't the streaming use data? The apple/sync issues go way back, and make no sense.