Audio solutions for your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like i said, it depends on the amp and the volume level. the new digital hd amps will stay cooler longer allowing you to play longer louder before hitting the thermal protection, if airspace is an issue. also computer fans do wonders in these tight situations. my computer is a bit overkill and needs some good cooling and my fans are about 25db. at this level i cant hear them from 8 feet away. given the truck engine is running and you are moving down the road, you could go with a more productive fan, or keep quiet ones so you dont hear them at all.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A small fan might be a good idea.
How are the items mounted to the rear of the cab? Do you have to drill through the cab? Thought there are some inner panels that can be drilled through? Nut and bolt or self tapping?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
predrill the hole and use sheetmetal screws. and you wont have to drill through the cab. there are support braces in the rear that will allow you to put screws without having them come out the back of the truck.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've had zero issues with my amps that Noah installed. One is mounted to the floor behind the rear passenger's seat where the old subwoofer used to be. The other amp is mounted vertical behind the rear seat.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
good to hear. it seems you dont have a heat issue, i dont think it should be a problem unless it is on high volume for hours on end.