Audio solutions for your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the idea initially, but I think you'd have a really hard time with the doors rattling. The suicide doors don't shut quite as securely.

I am working on an idea similar to the tape to help the doors secure better. As far as the inside goes, dynamat or equivilant to help the interior rattles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd look at the Focal stuff, I had a chance to check it out when Noah came here over the summer. Better sound deadening, and thicker, so it should guard against rattles better.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who sit's on the seat? altho that would probably rattle too putting in in the seat.

the rear doors rattle a lot more than inside the cab

Noah,

On a Scab, I don't want to lose underseat storage (have a tuff box there now)

I was thinking of custom making something for the scab doors to take either some shallow 10's or some strong 8's. Nice fiber enclosure, reshape the bottom part of the door under the handles to account for it.

thoughts?

i make an enclosure that fits the 1/3 side of the scab. you can either use an 8" jl w3 with a 300 watt amp all in one, or you can have a tw3 10" shallow and mount your amp elsewhere. definitely a solution available for you. but to do the amount of work necessary to put woofers in the door would take a lot of time.

Love the idea initially, but I think you'd have a really hard time with the doors rattling. The suicide doors don't shut quite as securely.

correct. the problem with having woofers in the doors is that you will find the resonant frequency of the door and components a lot faster than you would if the woofers were in the cab. this will most likely be an annoyance that will take quite a bit of work to make go away.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock system sounds so tinny that the subwoofer seems useless. if one swaps out the door units with jl speakers would it have better bass response? Then i could remove the sub and disconnect the center dash speaker. I would really like to have a flat floor, the sub is in the way.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
stock system sounds so tinny that the subwoofer seems useless. if one swaps out the door units with jl speakers would it have better bass response? Then i could remove the sub and disconnect the center dash speaker. I would really like to have a flat floor, the sub is in the way.
to a certain extent. but just doing a speaker swap can only do so much since the oem equipment is still active. a sound processor goes a along way in cleaning that up. but aftermarket speakers were not designed to play a ton of bass. they were designed to provide a crisp, clear sound and to be paired with other aftermarket equipment. for deeper bass in the doors i would recommend the focal krx2's, a mosconi 6to8 sound processor, and either a jl hd amp, gladden one amp, or a focal amp to drive them.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not really hearing much bass from the stock unit (bass enclosure)was thinking it was there just for visual effect .

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the rear doors rattle a lot more than inside the cab

i make an enclosure that fits the 1/3 side of the scab. you can either use an 8" jl w3 with a 300 watt amp all in one, or you can have a tw3 10" shallow and mount your amp elsewhere. definitely a solution available for you. but to do the amount of work necessary to put woofers in the door would take a lot of time.

correct. the problem with having woofers in the doors is that you will find the resonant frequency of the door and components a lot faster than you would if the woofers were in the cab. this will most likely be an annoyance that will take quite a bit of work to make go away.

If I use an amp with fans in it can I put the amp behind the seat back, the do the single 10 in the 1/3 seat? Does your box protrude at all or is it flush?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i need to see if i can find a pic of it. i dont know what i did with it. i will post it when i do find it. it fits flush under the 1/3 seat.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

depending on the amp it can mount behind the rear seat, but it is tight behind there compared to the crewcabs.