Audew OBD2 Scanner Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was asked by an Audew rep through this forum if I would test some product of theirs and post here. We finally agreed on a product - their OBD2 reader - and having received it, I tested it in both my vehicles.

While Audew was supplying the product for free, I told them that I would give an honest review, good or bad. Audew's reader is currently $40 at Amazon - half the price of the two top-end scanners, the OBDLink and Bludriver. I own the OBDLink and have used my dad's Bludriver, and both of those are very nice.

So how does the Audew compare? Pretty favorably, actually. The hardest part was connecting, as it showed up as 'M2' in my bluetooth list. The phone companion app, NexzScan, is both sleek and seems to provide the same functionality as the OBD and Bludriver apps. It does take 10-20 seconds to load up the connection in-app, as opposed to the other two apps/readers which takes at max half that time.

I used the reader on both my 06 Trailblazer (which perpetually has a harmless emission code) and my Raptor - the reader found the codes on the Trailblazer no problem, and said my truck was 'very healthy'. I tried to see if Harry's Lap Timer would get data feed from the Audew, but it didn't seem to find the reader. I think this is because I didn't actually start the truck, as HLT is buggy from time to time. I will update this thread if it works - since the main reason I got the OBDLink was for HLT support, if the Audew functions the same then it would effectively half the price of an OBD reader for those looking to log track data.

All in all, Audew seems to be unique in offering a mid-range OBD2 scanner that lacks most of the risk of the cheap $10 units while also offering a quality companion app that the top-tier readers do.