ATV question, engine size!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Polaris 1000 XP Turbo, 2 seater. Most fun toy I have ever owned and very fast. Can't reco enough on getting a side by side if you can. Raptors are fun, RZR's are a f'ing blast man. Get the 1000, you won't regret it.
No doubt the rzr's are fun. I bought an RS1 a couple of years back that got me hooked on the rzr's. Sold it and bought a turbo S a year later. Jumping a rzr is the most fun you can have with your pants on!

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Outlander 570 Max XT, which still has the V-twin engine, just smaller, but in a 2-seater ATV configuration, so it is heavy at a little over 700 pounds dry.
I have to say, it is plenty fast and can handle any work you can throw at it, with a 2-speed tranny and power on tap it hooks up well and still has plenty to spin with a bigger stab at the throttle.
I have ridden my brother-in-law's 850 Polaris, and it is just more difficult to keep that power to the ground and sucks fuel way faster.
I ride dirt bikes most of the time, so any ATV feels slow, but the 570 makes plenty of power for climbing, speed, hills, work, etc., so anything more is just excess and significant increase in fuel consumption. Just my two sense anyway.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Outlander 570 Max XT, which still has the V-twin engine, just smaller, but in a 2-seater ATV configuration, so it is heavy at a little over 700 pounds dry.
I have to say, it is plenty fast and can handle any work you can throw at it, with a 2-speed ****** and power on tap it hooks up well and still has plenty to spin with a bigger stab at the throttle.
I have ridden my brother-in-law's 850 Polaris, and it is just more difficult to keep that power to the ground and ***** fuel way faster.
I ride dirt bikes most of the time, so any ATV feels slow, but the 570 makes plenty of power for climbing, speed, hills, work, etc., so anything more is just excess and significant increase in fuel consumption. Just my two sense anyway.

lol- yeah I was gonna chime in myself...450cc Polaris utility quad is enough for me in New England, but totally different use/terrains for the most part. If I lived in UT I’d get the biggest engine available though- lots of places to exploit the power- I prefer Polaris over can am but both good American companies. I think yamaha makes a good machine as well.

I have owned sport bikes & fast cars & currently have an extremely fast 700+ whp vette....but that doesn’t diminish the feeling of speed offroad on an ATV at ALL imho- no idea what people are talking about, it’s all relative- there’s nothing out there short of a trophy truck that can haul *** as fast as a 1000cc Atv or side by side offroad, so that’s a very different sense of speed that is irrelevant to me riding a sportbike or driving my vette, because you know how fast either of those things would be going where an ATV can? Ummmm I’m guessing between 0 and 5mph or however fast the tow truck getting it outta there can go haahah