Attenion:Raptor Police

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I... want to see his truck...

It’s funny though, after reading the post about being triggered at FORD grills on regular F-150s, I saw a last gen with one. Didn’t look right. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for current gen trucks that have them for comparison.

Most of the 09-14 trucks I see around me with aftermarket grilles oddly enough have the copy of the Gen 2 grille instead of the Gen 1 grille. It's flat-out horrible looking.

This setup here.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charcoal-G...068639&hash=item3d8cb82189:g:~D4AAOSwdS1dC7p0 The sell the letters to make it read FORD separately since they can't use Ford's trademark in their grille. It's ugly enough with the Ford in there, but half of the people leave it as DOOD.

There is one company that made a version of the Gen 1 grille that fits a non-Raptor. They are the only ones that look good on a standard 09-14 F150 IMO. The one on the white truck in the link below. Looks like a OEM Gen 1 Raptor grille but it's not.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/paramount-raptor-grill-343898/index4/#post5725704

The rest of that thread is littered with the Gen II knockoff style nightmares...

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the 09-14 trucks I see around me with aftermarket grilles oddly enough have the copy of the Gen 2 grille instead of the Gen 1 grille. It's flat-out horrible looking.

This setup here.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charcoal-G...068639&hash=item3d8cb82189:g:~D4AAOSwdS1dC7p0 The sell the letters to make it read FORD separately since they can't use Ford's trademark in their grille. It's ugly enough with the Ford in there, but half of the people leave it as DOOD.

There is one company that made a version of the Gen 1 grille that fits a non-Raptor. They are the only ones that look good on a standard 09-14 F150 IMO. The one on the white truck in the link below. Looks like a OEM Gen 1 Raptor grille but it's not.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/paramount-raptor-grill-343898/index4/#post5725704

The rest of that thread is littered with the Gen II knockoff style nightmares...

Yep it had the gen 2 version. Looks terrible. That gen 1 version looks good. I get people wanting it on their non-Raptors. It's one of the visual queues that made me love the raptor in the first place. At least Ford isn't putting it on non-Raptors from the factory like Dodge did with the Rebel grille. It completely ruined the specialness of the Rebel's aesthetic.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I installed a factory lowering kit. Raptor authorized too. Just so Fordloco’s toothless nasty old lady doesn’t catch her nipples in the holes in my Raptor running boards when she is attempting her dismount. Safety first Loco. Especially when it comes to your old lady and my truck. And the “Imposter” post is what I thought was a little catty. Bitching about F O R D grills and Amber lights. I have nothing, I repeat nothing against the Raptors. I had one. Like I said a 2010 bought in August 2009. I sold it when I bought the Roush. And NO I never off-roaded it. And yes the Raptor is an engineering marvel. I was at SEMA watching the Roush Raptor make jumps. It was impressive. Again the Imposter post I thought was very catty and immature. So you yo Yo yo’s jumping down my throat for mouthing off didn’t even know why.

19Stripper

Reaction score
I bet those running boards added 30 horsepower. I keep trying to find some horsepower stickers but Ebay is a little too pricey nowadays.

I'm just surprised the mopar guys arent here in droves. I can hear it now... "Derpaderp TRex is bigger than a rapter dont you know nuthin bout dinersores. That means its better.. Dodge gonna be gooder than da ferd cause mopar means it's real good and Chrysler always takes care of therr customers. My 2019 Ram has 500million miles and it gets 40 miles a gallon so it's the most dependable truck evr beelt."

Let me get my popcorn out real quick.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet those running boards added 30 horsepower. I keep trying to find some horsepower stickers but Ebay is a little too pricey nowadays.

I'm just surprised the mopar guys arent here in droves. I can hear it now... "Derpaderp TRex is bigger than a rapter dont you know nuthin bout dinersores. That means its better.. Dodge gonna be gooder than da ferd cause mopar means it's real good and Chrysler always takes care of therr customers. My 2019 Ram has 500million miles and it gets 40 miles a gallon so it's the most dependable truck evr beelt."

Let me get my popcorn out real quick.
I couldn’t quit reading this without a southern accent. Too good.

OP
OP
B

burley111

Reaction score
Alright, I will lighten up. I just got pissed at the imposters post. Like some one stated “imitation is a form of flattery “. My intent wasn’t to start a bunch of crap. And I apologize to LOCO for saying all that nasty crap about his old lady. I am not a tough guy behind a key board either. I hope all has a great week end and a safe up coming holiday. Peace be with you.