At home DIY ceramic coating...save some cash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
I embraced a new tech wash/wax system when I bought my Raptor in early 2014, it's nano polimer wax technology just prior to ceramic coatings. Getting older I needed something less strenuous than the traditional wax on/wax off method. The only product that I have used for eight years now is Meguiar's wash & wax, wash first with 5 gal bucket using a liberal amount of product, rinse, use waterless wash & wax like spray detailer to dry the truck. This product achieved my goal of being easy to use and exceeded my expectations on paint protection plus it shines.

I looked into switching to ceramic but after reading the lable, the part about well ventilated or it could kill you scared me off.

I'll stick with these two for now.

View attachment 373109
I really like easy.. I'm lazy and not 25. Easy makes me happy.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want easy get Collinite 845. Its a wax and man im soo a fan since i found it last fall. Easy on and off and can go over the raptor vinyl with no issues.
Detailer for 15 years and youre just now hearing about Collinite?

I've use both 845 and 476S...both are great

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Detailer for 15 years and youre just now hearing about Collinite?

I've use both 845 and 476S...both are great
Gotta try these out once my ammo paste wax/ceramic stuff runs out. Seems like the 476s is a true sticky heavy wax and the 845 on top brings out the shine (from what i read).

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
totally agree..
the true about ceramic coating,the real one made by pro.
again i prefer wax!

I was wondering the same thing. I wax regularly with polish every few years and it's always been sufficient.