At home DIY ceramic coating...save some cash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been a Pro Detailer for 27+ yrs. (betteraskbradley.com). Save big $ & buy 9H Mr Fix Auto Ceramic Coating online. Under $30. Don't be the guy/gal that wastes 1,000s of $. Just wash, claybar, dry, do any needed paint correction - polish etc. Apply as instructed in box. Allow to cure w/o getting wet or below 50 degrees for 24 hrs. I then apply a top coat of NuFinish acrylic once a yr sealer. For the last 8 months I only have to rinse dirt off with a pressure washer on a low setting. I even did my stock rims on my 2013 Raptor. Even the brake dust rinses off! For good measure try using Mothers spray on Ceramic coating - just like a quick detail spray. I do so occasionally for optimum extra shine. Don't fall for all the nano B/S with $1,000 to $4,000 price tags. Keep it easy and inexpensive. Your Raptor will shine better than new...for months at a time. BTW...there is no liquid coating on the planet that will prevent scratches. Think about it!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested so I googled and found this:
https://www.carceramiccoating.com/9h-mr-fix-nano-ceramic-coating-review-do-not-buy - a Chinese company's webpage

The age old saying most of us should of learned before we got out of High School..
IF ITS SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE,IT USUALLY IS...
and personally,although very hard to do,I'm trying to stay away from Made In China products....most are junk and/or knock-off's....

Little story off subject...the GF sent away for some Cucumber Seeds for the garden...didnt say exactly where they were from...but they took forever to get...well over a month...they arrived last week and they were shipped from China....she does a search and finds stories about how they are shipping Several different types of seeds to USA that are invasive and will over take your yard...I had an Asian Bamboo take over my yard years ago that was suppose to be "decorative"...hahaha..took years to destroy....
So,she plants them and within a week they are growning like wildfire..!! Fake New?? Real?? either way,she ripped them all out...hell,I
wasnt going to eat them anyway...might have a new Virus in the seeds....:33:

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I did the same process as OP, but with cquartz. Love it so far. I just hit it with a power washer every couple of weeks and it looks perfect. Will see how long it lasts.