****** in an Infinity Qx70 got an education in Raptor performance this morning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Tow mode locks the diff.

Don't think so.

From Ford's Supplement Manual

Tow Mode:
I To activate tow mode, cycle through the available terrain modes and select Tow/Haul.

See Principle of Operation ( page 27).

The indicator light illuminates in theinstrument cluster when the systembecomes active.

The tow mode feature:

Moves upshiftsto higher engine speeds to reduce the frequency of transmission shifting.

Provides engine braking in all forwardgears, which slows your vehicle andassists you in controlling your vehiclewhen descending a slope.

Depending on driving conditions and load conditions, may downshift the transmission, slow your vehicle andcontrol your vehicle speed when
descending a hill, without pressing the accelerator pedal. The amount of downshift braking provided varies based upon the amount the brake pedal is pressed.

The tow mode feature improves transmission operation when towing a trailer or a heavy load. All transmission gear ranges are available when using towmode.

To deactivate the tow mode feature and return to normal driving mode, cycle through the available terrain modes and select normal mode. See Principle of Operation (page 27). The indicator light
deactivates when the system turns off.

Tow mode also deactivates when you
f)ower down your vehicle.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct my mistake, so used to locking it at the boat ramp in tow mode , that was the only time I used it

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright fellow Raptor brethren and ******* @Ruger... just wanted to jump in and say I've raced multiple cars off the line and spanked em lol. Golf R, G63, GTI, WRX and I was neck and neck once with an SRT Jeep. Jeep did have four passengers in it however. Anyways, I'm pretty impressed just how fast this truck is off the line. Usually I go Sport Mode>4A>Traction off and that seems to do the trick. Ruger you are being absolutely ridiculous. Someone swerving through traffic without signaling at excess of 100mph in the rain and cutting people off is one thing... launching your truck between lights and open-stretches of road is another. Hope you grow a pair and learn to let things go. If you don't like danger then I don't really understand why you bought a performance vehicle:think:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone swerving through traffic without signaling at excess of 100mph in the rain and cutting people off is one thing... launching your truck between lights and open-stretches of road is another.

Agreed. There are definitely places in times to go fast that are rather minimally dangerous. People who pick in choice the right time to open things up aren't going to cause accidents. I'm more considered about those driving 20 mph under the speed limit that seem to be completing unaware of other drivers around them. Even more bothered by a tailgator who think the laws of physics don't apply to them, and they only need 5 ft @ 60 mph for braking. Ever notice how the majority of accidents you see on the road is someone getting rear ended?

And tailgating is illegal, but yet you never see someone pulled over for it.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm more considered about those driving 20 mph under the speed limit that seem to be completing unaware of other drivers around them. .

Cell phone while driving do it for me. I cringe any time I see someone with a phone in their hand...texting, failbooking.....put it down and drive.