ASD1 2017 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now just need to get those wheels/tires out from under the middle of the truck lol. What a difference that will make!!!!

What color did you paint the hood and where else did you paint? I’m thinking about really exposing a bunch of the carbon fenders/sides in a couple different ways but gonna be tricky keeping the doors OEM paint with a couple of the ideas.

The hood is the stock Ford Metallic gray. Just a better paint job then Ford did

i will be doing something like this but in metallic and without the logo

38440171_10156218798101140_4343050996771979264_n.jpg

37692544_10156193100951140_1548488559504130048_n.jpg

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea one of my designs is pretty much like that truck with the graphics though. Another one I’m thinking about is kinda like it without the graphics but would show much more carbon and would need to either add some custom graphics to the doors or custom paint to the doors.

I really want a carbon hood to match but haven’t gotten any response if Robby makes one yet. If he doesn’t I really hate to buy a different brand that isn’t color/weave match.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i went with stock cut outs. On the RPG rear bumper, I may actually have to trim it instead of lengthen. it swings out much wider than stock. just hoping the bend radius clears that back corner.

On the style you have, I can totally see the pro4 influence. I like it!

I've got my wrap guy hunting for a paint match film (waiting for a few samples) for magnetic. If we find something that is spot on I'll shoot you the details. My guy has been pretty clear that he can work some see-thru magic with a combo of colored and clear film.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yea one of my designs is pretty much like that truck with the graphics though. Another one I’m thinking about is kinda like it without the graphics but would show much more carbon and would need to either add some custom graphics to the doors or custom paint to the doors.

I really want a carbon hood to match but haven’t gotten any response if Robby makes one yet. If he doesn’t I really hate to buy a different brand that isn’t color/weave match.

I reached out to robby to confirm he was doing a hood. I believe he is, but don't quote me on it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
They don’t have another width/height option as far as fenders/sides do they? Just the two sides option correct?

Robby has one width/height. Other companies make +1, +2, +6. I think the new ADV stuff is +3, but isn't out yet.

+2 would be pretty tight, if it fit at all, with a mid travel kit. The +2s are really for stock width and 37s.

OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If he does not come out with one DO NOT get one from a different source it would NEVER LOOK RIGHT

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with stock cut outs. On the RPG rear bumper, I may actually have to trim it instead of lengthen. it swings out much wider than stock. just hoping the bend radius clears that back corner.

On the style you have, I can totally see the pro4 influence. I like it!

I've got my wrap guy hunting for a paint match film (waiting for a few samples) for magnetic. If we find something that is spot on I'll shoot you the details. My guy has been pretty clear that he can work some see-thru magic with a combo of colored and clear film.

I wish there was a good wrap shop near me for some clear and see-thru magic! ;-). The place that did my door pillars couldn’t even do a good job on them but they are protected from constantly being scratched up so can live with the minor imperfections.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he does not come out with one DO NOT get one from a different source it would NEVER LOOK RIGHT

Yea I would have to actually see the products side by side before “even considering” using two different companies. Sourcing the same carbon for a different company to use so that it matches would be almost necessary.

I might have to forgo the carbon sides and fenders for glass as a last resort option in order to have the carbon hood which is my main aesthetic focal point of the actual carbon weave look. I want it to be black carbon and most likely matte. I really hate to put glass on the truck being that I do not personally have any experience with shops near me. Portfolios and local examples shouldn’t be a problem for a shop to provide.

I don’t foresee ever going long travel either so the smaller glass options would be just fine in terms of getting my setup looking aggressive yet not skimping out on parts needed to get the wheels/tires fom being tucked too far under the wells.