Arrived at the dealer today...and the carrier driver does over $7000 damage NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I can’t imagine the frustration you are going through.

Me? I would not accept a brand new $80k truck it’s been in a transporter collision and then repaired.

I would entertain purchasing IF the dealer throws in a complimentary 100k mile bumper to bumper extended warranty with no deductible. I don’t believe the collision repair would be reported to CarFax.
My dealer did damage to my truck when I took it in for its first oil change. I expressed I wanted a new bumper and taillight and not painted or buffed out. I stressed I did not want this to show up on Carfax also and they assured me it wouldn't. I have never checked so I can only take their word for it. I was happy with the repairs. Ford ended up giving me a service plan for the trouble.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they fixed it and i had in writing it has to be to my satifaction, and they take off $5k I would take it and not worry one bit.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given what dealer said needs to be done to fix it; that's too much damage! Don't walk away, run! I wouldn't touch this truck even at a huge discount. It'll always be a repair job, no matter how good the repair is. Nobody works hard and saves money and waits that long to buy a repair job. As others said, this will always be in the back of your mind & it'll never be the same as it was off the line. Find or order a new one.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously this is your call and the damage has nothing really to do with the integrity or longevity of the truck. That said, I've had that color and it is one of the hardest to match. good luck

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch, I'd be livid which i am sure you are. 100% service and all scheduled maintenance as well as 100% lifetime bumper to bumper warranty and a huge discount would be the only way I'd consider it...even then...I don't know that I'd be good with it. But knowing that I never had to pay for an oil change or anything ever for this truck might make it tempting

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Sucks, but definitely not the worst I've ever seen. If they fixed it and the paint match looked good, I'd take it for MSRP.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Man if that's $7K in damage body shop pricing is insane. But my answer is still the same. No.

Now if they want to take $5K off MSRP and no Carfax then probably.

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
I know your pain. I had a powerboost platinum ordered, and when it came in....the yard folks at the CSX yard dropped it. Front bumper ruined, truck was totaled. Ford corporate made it right. Ford dealers have an order code for use only when a customers truck is damaged in transit. 86 days later I had a Raptor.

hierlevelz

Reaction score
Don't accept anything less than new. I would rather get a 35 package in a similar build if available and slap some 37s on it than take delivery of a repaired vehicle. If it were simple as rim damage and the plastic fenders i would accept but not this level of damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free