Arrived at the dealer today...and the carrier driver does over $7000 damage NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer called me this morning with exciting news, they could see that my Raptor was finally enroute to my dealer in Northern Indiana after sitting in Flatrock for almost two months and said it will be here in the late morning. Super excited, I get a call about noView attachment 397835View attachment 397836on and am told the guy taking it off the carrier did extensive damage to the RF wheel and tire, fender flare, both doors and RR cab corner. Then also somehow manages to tear up the drivers side outside door handle also.
Dealer is saying bed has to come off to get to the cab corner, remove rear glass and both doors, remove and replace drip rail and after body damage repaint entire right side of truck. They also will have to strip the bedliner out and re-coat to get to the bed bolts.

I'm just sick. Waiting for Ford's response but in dealers past experience Ford will just say fix it. I said I have no interest in buying a truck with $7K (and likely more) damage. Dealer is apologetic but nothing they can do. Ford apparently got rid of a bunch of zone reps 6 plus months ago and there isnt even anyone to appeal the decision to if they decide to fix. Obviously I can walk away but then I am at day 1 and the dealer has no more 2023 allocations. I have to think they will push to fix rather than replace but I cant have a brand new vehicle with $7000 of damage and knowing there is no way the paint is ever going to be as good as the factory,

This really sucks.
That sucks man sorry. Just walk on the deal and find another one. Everything happens for a reason.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I think happened, he put it where he wasn’t supposed on the back bottom using the truck package. As you all know, the Raptors are a lot wider so fitting that between the rails on the bottom deck is a challenge putting it lightly. When you use the truck package as you can see the picture the truck sticks up through the top due to sliding out the top deck ramps and that would explain the damage to the top right side of the cab. If you go around the corner, fast enough, the top deck will sway side-by-side and if you don’t have the bottom truck Center perfectly it’ll hit the cab.
Passed this guy on the way home
86AB82CC-8A42-4FC2-9587-34CF2BD90460.jpeg65709CBB-9359-4693-BDAB-FFABD8F480C6.jpeg1FB647DE-DB96-487E-A7EE-875BA60D0F81.jpeg

Last edited:

Zybane

Reaction score
Wonder what the legality is of selling a truck with $7K worth of repaired damage as "new" is.

Guaranteed that truck driver faces no consequence for this. Our society is moving towards consequence-less-ness.

tractorman

Reaction score
When I had my Raptor transported from Ohio to California, it cost a little more as they said it had to ride on the top deck of the carrier due to width. Agreeing with 10SpdsOfFury on likely cause.

Some folks care more about repaired damage than others. For me, I would not take that truck even with a huge discount, unless of course, I had other motivations like flipping it. But as a keeper, no.

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Have them/FORD give you huge discount and full service agreement . If repairs are done well this could be blessing in disguise if you plan on keeping truck for long haul

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder what the legality is of selling a truck with $7K worth of repaired damage as "new" is.
Depends on the state. All states have laws governing disclosure at a certain limit.

They don't have to disclose every scratch buffed out, but there is a limit.