Arrived at the dealer today...and the carrier driver does over $7000 damage NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Thanks for listening to my whining guys. I get it, its just a material thing but I saved for three years for this and did tons of research to get exactly what I wanted. And I almost did.....
Still can...yes will require some work, but your truck is sitting on a lot or inbound as we speak.

Post pics as we want to see what they think $7K of damage is...that's not a buff job.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No way they can sell the truck without disclosing that. Lawsuit waiting to happen.
They can sell it as brand new if @Fireman Dave doesn’t take it and to satisfy “disclosing” an oasis or carfax report is sufficient. My ’01 Lightning got damaged in transit and had about $175.00 in damage, was repaired. Never found out what it was and wasn’t able to tell.

Thanks for listening to my whining guys. I get it, its just a material thing but I saved for three years for this and did tons of research to get exactly what I wanted. And I almost did.....
Quoting Jules Winnfield: “That is some fûcked up, repugnant shît.”
That is just soul crushing.

You scrape, save, work like a shepherd dog ( my golden retriever is a lazy git ), save some more, secure a deal, drop a downpayment and wait and wait, and wait some more and some sub standard oxygen thief does this?

oh, and let me guess, I’ll bet his disaffected, millennial response was

“My bad”.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called me this morning with exciting news, they could see that my Raptor was finally enroute to my dealer in Northern Indiana after sitting in Flatrock for almost two months and said it will be here in the late morning. Super excited, I get a call about noon and am told the guy taking it off the carrier did extensive damage to the RF wheel and tire, fender flare, both doors and RR cab corner. Then also somehow manages to tear up the drivers side outside door handle also.
Dealer is saying bed has to come off to get to the cab corner, remove and replace drip rail and after body damage repaint entire right side of truck. They also will have to strip the bedliner out and re-coat to get to the bed bolts.

I'm just sick. Waiting for Ford's response but in dealers past experience Ford will just say fix it. I said I have no interest in buying a truck with $7K (and likely more) damage. Dealer is apologetic but nothing they can do. Ford apparently got rid of a bunch of zone reps 6 plus months ago and there isnt even anyone to appeal the decision to if they decide to fix. Obviously I can walk away but then I am at day 1 and the dealer has no more 2023 allocations. I have to think they will push to fix rather than replace but I cant have a brand new vehicle with $7000 of damage and knowing there is no way the paint is ever going to be as good as the factory,

This really sucks.
Post this on the Gen14 forum. I have noticed Ford monitors that site a lot more and somebody from Ford will probably reach out to you in regards to this once they see this post. You probably won't get the answer you want, but at least hear them out. I am sure they will offer you something for the trouble (probably not a new replacement truck though).

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I can’t imagine the frustration you are going through.

Me? I would not accept a brand new $80k truck it’s been in a transporter collision and then repaired.

I would entertain purchasing IF the dealer throws in a complimentary 100k mile bumper to bumper extended warranty with no deductible. I don’t believe the collision repair would be reported to CarFax.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not take that truck EVER--all the work and repainting no WAY!!! refuse it and get another one!!

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have a good body shop, they should be able to make it look like it never happened. I wouldn't want it, unless they'll sell it at or below invoice, but it has to be your call.

It may be worth another wait. Like others have said, they can try to get another 23 allocation from the regional rep. Maybe they'll even reinstate heated steering wheels by then too!

Sorry for your loss.