Arizona Raptor Runs - Four Peaks To Tortilla Flat 9/3/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://arizonaraptorruns.com/Arizona Raptor Runs - Four Peaks To Tortilla Flat

September 3rd, 2017

Starting the day off at the base of the Four Peaks Mountains, we'll head down the trail and upwards in elevation. Combined with high speed straights, and technical cornering, the trail will take us near the top of the peaks for an incredible view of the Valley. We'll then make our way down the backside towards Roosevelt Lake. Eventually we'll make our way on the infamous Apache Trail where we'll then end our day at Tortilla Flat. Overall this will be about 68 miles with terrain ranging from fire roads to a few more technical sections.

Sights will include:
-Four Peaks Wilderness Area
-Browns Peak
-Roosevelt Lake
-Roosevelt Damn
-Scenic Views of the Salt River
-Old stage coach trail known as The Apache Trail
-The Wild West themed Tortilla Flat

Required Gear:
-A quality 50-watt VHF radio tuned to Weatherman 151.625
-1 full size spare tire (bed mounted is recommended but NOT needed)
-Snacks for the trail
-Plenty of water (1 case is recommended)
-All maintenance done and truck running in good working condition
-Everything secured well in your truck
-At this time we do not require an offroad GPS but we recommend picking up one such as a Lowrance.

If anyone is interesting in attending the run, please sign up asap as we are only allowing a limited number of trucks.

Run is FULL

4peaks.jpg

15377445974_207225fbba_b.jpg

https://arizonaraptorruns.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
thearizonacowboy

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot just saw this right now, I wont have my truck ready anyway, between the heat and 80+ hr workweeks . You guys planning something in November? I have the whole month off.

We are shooting for a couple runs between October and November but haven't worked out the details. I'll try and remember to tag you as soon as we release info

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, can't make this run due to a surgery. I see you are requiring a radio and it was discussed at the Bloody Basin run. What about a hand held instead of a permanent mounted radio?

Looking forward to future runs when my back heals. Cudos to you for putting us Az guys on the map

OP
OP
thearizonacowboy

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, can't make this run due to a surgery. I see you are requiring a radio and it was discussed at the Bloody Basin run. What about a hand held instead of a permanent mounted radio?

Looking forward to future runs when my back heals. Cudos to you for putting us Az guys on the map

Hey sorry to hear about the surgery... Get well soon. Regarding the radios, unfortunately the handheld ones just aren't powerful enough. We've discovered that a true high powered race radio is key to constant communication which drastically cuts down the possibility for issues on runs.

We realize spending $300+ on a radio isn't what everyone is looking to do, but we feel it's entirely worth it.

And no problem! We've been working hard at getting a list of runs together so we can get sort of a set annual schedule together so we can release information and dates as quickly as possible.

We currently have two runs scheduled in September, working on 1 in either October or November, and more in December, January, and March. We'll also be focusing on bringing multi day runs early next year.

Thanks again and good luck with the surgery!