Are these supposed to look like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took a peek at mine and they look like this too. My truck is a 2014 with only 16k. I would think this is normal. I have yet to take it offroading.

OP
OP
suprspinner

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took a peek at mine and they look like this too. My truck is a 2014 with only 16k. I would think this is normal. I have yet to take it offroading.

That's good to hear that it's more normal. I'm still going to get it checked out to be sure. It's making some really harsh clunking sounds over speed bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same amount of minimal seepage from both shocks in the same place as the OP. I'm gonna venture this is normal since every Raptor I've ever seen up close looks the same under the shock reservoir.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI mine have the same residue, not as thick as your photos though. Luckily I don't have the clunking. I first noticed it around the 15k mile mark. I'm nearing the 50k mark now with no issues.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please post your experience in the good/bad dealership thread when it's all said and done. Thank you.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score