Are there any exhaust that make this truck sound good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Yes most definitely, it really sounds great, wish I could meet someone near me that is on this forum to hear it. It does not drone and is not raspy. I was afraid of the Borla atak when I purchased it, thought it might be to loud or raspy loud, but it’s not either, without the other mods i have I’m not sure, might sound like crap. But my combo sounds great is all i can vouche for, Just don’t use x pipe if have downpipe installed, that sounds like fart can, once I got the spd adapters installed I absolutely loved it ever since, it made it a lot deeper sound. I will not be changing exhaust again on this truck and can guarantee anybody do the same setup I have will like it.

Does it sound like a loud trombone?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you look at the service history for each of them?

Yes and I discussed each event with each service center and if possible the mechanic for each service visit. I talked to each owner, they faxed any receipts and records they had for all maintenance for my review. I should have the oil analysis back from all three next week to determine the wear on the motor. I'll report back when I have that info. :ROFLJest:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have the oil analysis back from all three next week to determine the wear on the motor. I'll report back when I have that info. :ROFLJest:

I'd be more interested to know if they are still on their first engine.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In case you’re one of the three or four people who haven’t been following the F-150 EcoBoost torture test story online, here’s a recap:

A production EcoBoost V-6 engine, serial number 448AA, was randomly selected off the assembly line at Ford’s Cleveland engine plant. The dual-overhead-cam power plant was shipped to dynamometer cell 36B in the Ford Dearborn engine labs and run for 300 hours to replicate the equivalent of 150,000 customer miles, including repeated temperature-shock runs when the engine was cooled to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit and then heated to 235 degrees.

The engine was then shipped to Ford's Kansas City truck plant and installed in an F-150 4X4 crew-cab pickup. It was driven to Nygaard Timber in Astoria, Ore., and put to work as a log skidder, dragging a total of 110,000 pounds of logs across the ground to demonstrate its 420 pounds-feet of torque.

From there, the truck was driven across the country to Homestead Miami Speedway, where it was hooked up to a trailer carrying two of Richard Petty’s Ford Fusion racecars, a load of 11,300 pounds, and run continuously around the track for 24 hours, averaging 82 mph and covering 1,607 miles.

It was then taken to Davis Dam in Arizona, where it bested both the 5.3-liter Chevy Silverado V-8 and the Ram 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 in an uphill towing contest pulling 9,000 pounds up a 6 percent grade on Highway 68.

Finally, the 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost engine was shipped to Mike McCarthy’s race shop in Wickenburg, Ariz., and installed in his 7,100-pound F-150 race truck. McCarthy practiced locally for 1,200 miles and raced the truck in the SCORE Baja 1000, the toughest off-road race in North America, finishing first overall in the new Stock Engine class after 1,062 race miles.

McCarthy said the engine’s fuel economy was so good compared with his previous V-8 engines that he was able to skip two planned fuel stops during the Baja event, which helped him win the class.

After Baja, the thoroughly thrashed and raced engine was shipped back to Ford headquarters in Dearborn, Mich., and dyno-tested once again. It was found to produce 364 horsepower and 420 pounds-feet of torque, just one horsepower less than its rating and exactly the same output as its nominal torque rating, according to Ford.

A leakdown test was performed to measure how well the engine’s 24 intake and exhaust valves and piston rings were still able to seal the cylinders. One cylinder was found to have a cautionary 13 percent air loss past the combustion chamber’s seals, while all other cylinders were acceptable with single digits of air leakage.

The rest is here.What the Inside of a Tortured Ford EcoBoost V-6 Looks Like - PickupTrucks.com News

jmrekieta

Reaction score
Yes most definitely, it really sounds great, wish I could meet someone near me that is on this forum to hear it. It does not drone and is not raspy. I was afraid of the Borla atak when I purchased it, thought it might be to loud or raspy loud, but it’s not either, without the other mods i have I’m not sure, might sound like crap. But my combo sounds great is all i can vouche for, Just don’t use x pipe if have downpipe installed, that sounds like fart can, once I got the spd adapters installed I absolutely loved it ever since, it made it a lot deeper sound. I will not be changing exhaust again on this truck and can guarantee anybody do the same setup I have will like it.

Howdy. Can you please provide a link or a part number to the Borla H pipe you used to replace the x pipe? I can’t seem to find it on the Borla website.

Also, which downpipe are you running? Catted or non-catted?

Thanks!

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to talk to you like normal all the time and not disrespect you like others on here but you are one stubborn pce shit I truely believe. Why do you care anything about people’s trucks for? Makes no since? You make yourself sound like a fool day after day and look like a *******. You ever think before responding to anything in life?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I sent u a message