Are the Raptor's Factory Wheels "Horrible"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm putting 30 inch Teddy Bear spinners on mine with LED lights (which make a message when the wheels spin).

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having experienced wheel failure of an aftermarket wheel many years ago, I'm a little leery of changing wheels on anything but a "garage queen".

Before I even think about the look I want to know the load rating and what standards the wheels meet... where the sales guy is usually just interested in if they will fit.

Surprisingly some aftermarket wheels don't meet any standards and don't even have the "required" DOT stamp.

That said, I like the Raptor wheel and if anything, I might buy another stock set someday.

i couldnt agree more!

I personally would love for them to be like our spare....i have accumalted scratches on my rims...but if i buy them all new, im going to look into the all black look.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
i couldnt agree more!

I personally would love for them to be like our spare....i have accumalted scratches on my rims...but if i buy them all new, im going to look into the all black look.
Why not poweder coat your stock wheels Black?
Kills 2 birds with 1 stone
Get rid of your scratches and gets you you're black wheels.
Powder Coating is ruffly $50 a wheel

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not poweder coat your stock wheels Black?
Kills 2 birds with 1 stone
Get rid of your scratches and gets you you're black wheels.
Powder Coating is ruffly $50 a wheel

Will the powder coat fade, peel or blister over time? I am not experienced with these coats but that sounds like a reasonable idea. Very inexpensive also compared to new wheels.:thumpsup2:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Will the powder coat fade, peel or blister over time? I am not experienced with these coats but that sounds like a reasonable idea. Very inexpensive also compared to new wheels.:thumpsup2:

It all depends on how good of a prep the wheels get. If you find a reputable place that wants to keep there name you should never have a problem with them fading or peeling.
As far as blistering goes, never heard of it happening, but then again I live is Orange County, not Henderson :)