Are the Gen 3's an overall Quality Issue? Prior Gen 2 owner, considering bailing on order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
After 1 year of waiting and a 7K price increase, my Gen 3 37 truck was delivered last week with a hood defect from factory, chip in driver front fender with fiberglass exposed, passenger front fender damage, passenger front wheel damage, left rear quarter panel damage, scuffs on rear seat leather from throwing the floor mat on top of seat, dirt nibs in hood and scratches on right matte black tail pipe.

The dealer offered to send my truck to the body shop for repairs. I informed them I wasn't buying a refurbished new truck, I ordered a brand new truck free from factory defects and shipping damage. They said great and within one hour had my truck listed for 10k over MSRP. The truck sold in less than a week.

I contacted Ford executives and never received a response. I guess there are plenty of people are willing to pay over sticker for a poor quality Raptor.

Two months ago, my wife ordered a BMW and it was delivered within 3 weeks from NC in perfect condition. Since her purchase, BMW engineering and manufacturing has called twice to see how everything is going. I guess Ford could care less about customers.

The only problem with my Gen 2 was scratches on the dash from the factory. Good luck with your Raptor purchase if you decide to buy it. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.
Hmm. I am thinking you either changed you're mind about the truck before it showed up, or your trolling. Why wouldn't you let the dealer make repairs on a few minor things?

Were you the one that posted about the bad panel alignment on new Fords a few months ago?

I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I am thinking you either changed you're mind about the truck before it showed up, or your trolling. Why wouldn't you let the dealer make repairs on a few minor things?

We're you the one that posted about the bad panel alignment on new Fords a few months ago?

I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.
Pretty sure @PriusLover is a troll. He usually just tries to get a rise out of @FordTechOne

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 1 year of waiting and a 7K price increase, my Gen 3 37 truck was delivered last week with a hood defect from factory, chip in driver front fender with fiberglass exposed, passenger front fender damage, passenger front wheel damage, left rear quarter panel damage, scuffs on rear seat leather from throwing the floor mat on top of seat, dirt nibs in hood and scratches on right matte black tail pipe.
So, if what you’re claiming is even remotely true, it was damaged in transit. That’s not a manufacturing defect.
The dealer offered to send my truck to the body shop for repairs. I informed them I wasn't buying a refurbished new truck, I ordered a brand new truck free from factory defects and shipping damage. They said great and within one hour had my truck listed for 10k over MSRP. The truck sold in less than a week.
Link? VIN? Why would someone buy a damaged vehicle for $10k over MSRP?
I contacted Ford executives and never received a response. I guess there are plenty of people are willing to pay over sticker for a poor quality Raptor.
No executive is going to waste their time on some nobody like yourself who has nothing to offer other than complaints about a vehicle they didn’t buy. Transport damage can happen regardless of brand, they’re all shipped by truck through the same companies.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s that, or if I’m just the one that calls him out. Because I can see straight through his ********.

Here's my POS Raptor Troll Truck I waited a year for. I don't buy refurbished 90K vehicles with factory defects and numerous shipping damage. Repair my factory hood defect, paint my hood, fender, left bed panel, wheel and replace fender and exhaust pipe. No Thanks. Not desperate. Wanna see my cancelled 93K cashiers check? Some other desperate sucker already bought it for 10K over.

Attachments

• 20221215_174802.jpg
    20221215_174802.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 20221215_175202.jpg
    20221215_175202.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20221216_090922.jpg
    20221216_090922.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2018 gen 2 new, sold it 13 months ago when I ordered my gen 3 which has yet to be delivered over a year later. I never had an issue w/my gen 2 and it had a very hard life of cobb stage 2, over 15k miles of towing a travel trailer and lots of offroad abuse.

I'm likely a month or so away from delivery of my gen 3 and am getting a bit apprehensive based on all the "issues" I see on here and on the facebook pages I follow. Add this to the price hike when my order rolled from a 2022 to a 2023, Ford's terrible buying experience and the removal of heated steering wheel, requirement of 2k on board power etc. and I'm kind of over it.

Are these issues hyped up? Debating bailing on my order and stashing cash until the market decides what it's doing later this summer.

-exhaust rattle
-suspension clunk
-hvac worthless in auto mode
-auto sensing wipers don't work
-audio loud random pop noise
-4wd actuators failing
-fuses not being pushed in causing a bunch of random issues
-infant battery failures
-paint peeling off fender flares
-general cosmetic defects- paint issues on multiple threads

After tax I'm almost at $100k for this truck and can't help but ask myself why I'd spend that type of money for something that everyone seems to be having issues with.
All of these issues are like the luck of the draw!! I have a 2021 37pp in Code Orange, ordered on 6/16/21, built 11/19/21 and received on 1/6/22, now at 19,500 miles and no issues whatsoever!! Previously, I had a Gen2 built on 3/13/17 with a couple of recalls and the dreaded CAM phaser issue with was fixed at 62k miles. These trucks are large volume production trucks and you can get either a pristine one or one with minor issues or a lemon, just like with any other manufacturer! If you really like it, then get it and enjoy it, if not move on!

billy8

Reaction score
I bought a 2018 gen 2 new, sold it 13 months ago when I ordered my gen 3 which has yet to be delivered over a year later. I never had an issue w/my gen 2 and it had a very hard life of cobb stage 2, over 15k miles of towing a travel trailer and lots of offroad abuse.

I'm likely a month or so away from delivery of my gen 3 and am getting a bit apprehensive based on all the "issues" I see on here and on the facebook pages I follow. Add this to the price hike when my order rolled from a 2022 to a 2023, Ford's terrible buying experience and the removal of heated steering wheel, requirement of 2k on board power etc. and I'm kind of over it.

Are these issues hyped up? Debating bailing on my order and stashing cash until the market decides what it's doing later this summer.

-exhaust rattle
-suspension clunk
-hvac worthless in auto mode
-auto sensing wipers don't work
-audio loud random pop noise
-4wd actuators failing
-fuses not being pushed in causing a bunch of random issues
-infant battery failures
-paint peeling off fender flares
-general cosmetic defects- paint issues on multiple threads

After tax I'm almost at $100k for this truck and can't help but ask myself why I'd spend that type of money for something that everyone seems to be having issues with.
I can only speak for myself but I have experienced a lot of these issues. My truck is currently in the shop now getting these fixed….. hopefully. The exhaust rattle, suspension clunk, driver side leather seat is very loose causing excessive wear, low battery issues, and the audio pop.