Are other car manufacturers having part issues and production delays?

Are other car manufacturers having part issues and production delays?

• Yes

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Just see results

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOK JR

Reaction score
Seven weeks from order to completion for our 2022 C8. 3LT, Z51, carbon fiber trim, electronic locking diff, etc. Nothing was constrained.
We are waiting months to get trans controllers for our customer cars, clutches on national back-order, torque converters taking weeks instead of days. The list is too long .
I'm happy that GM could build my toy so quick. Still can't understand how that could have happened.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Tundra TRD Pro on order since last summer. The first allocation for my dealership is being built. I started looking around, why not a Raptor? The Raptor has a July 18th build date and I couldn’t be happier with my decision! Still holding onto my number one spot on the Tundra, just in case.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seven weeks from order to completion for our 2022 C8. 3LT, Z51, carbon fiber trim, electronic locking diff, etc. Nothing was constrained.
We are waiting months to get trans controllers for our customer cars, clutches on national back-order, torque converters taking weeks instead of days. The list is too long .
I'm happy that GM could build my toy so quick. Still can't understand how that could have happened.

Prioritization.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intel's Pat Gelsinger now expects the semiconductor industry to suffer supply shortages until 2024. The CEO told CNBC the extended timeline for the chip crunch is now due to a lack of manufacturing equipment. Intel on Thursday reported weaker-than-expected guidance for its fiscal second quarter.
not good.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a TRX on order, so I follow that closely. If you order a black base model or a level 1, then you will probably get it within a couple months. One guy recently went from order submitted to truck was built and waiting to ship in less than 3 weeks. But that's not the norm. The norm is 4-6 months. And plenty of people have been waiting 8,9,10 months.

And after your truck gets built you ensure the shit show of shipping. It can take 1-3 months for your truck to make its way 200 miles from the assembly plant to your dealer. Stellantis is a shit show, but for different reasons than Ford. You can get $10k off MSRP easily, from 3 or 4 dealers, on a TRX. But it's built luck of the draw (no first in, first out pattern) and shipping is a shit show. Ford seems to have better shipping, but they can't seem to build trucks. Stellantis has averaged 1500 TRXs per month over the last 2 months, but they can't get them shipped. Not long ago they were averaging 2000 TRXs per month.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Mercedes dropped several models from the US market. Just couldn't get the parts to make it worth trying to sell here. I think the Euro companies are worse than trying to buy American.

I've also read that Toyota keeps dropping their production targets for the year. Toyota was in great shape initially as they had a large supply of chips on hand, once they used them, they're in the same shape as the others.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Mercedes dropped several models from the US market. Just couldn't get the parts to make it worth trying to sell here. I think the Euro companies are worse than trying to buy American.

I've also read that Toyota keeps dropping their production targets for the year. Toyota was in great shape initially as they had a large supply of chips on hand, once they used them, they're in the same shape as the others.
Yeah trying to find a sienna is worse than finding my raptor lol

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 days for my 22 TRX I ordered mid-December of 21. I ordered the TRX seeing all the raptor production issues on here.

My buddy down the street ordered an X7 about 5 months ago and it took about 2 months.

Next store neighbor ordered a telluride and it took 3 months. He ordered it about 4 months ago.

Ordered my 22 raptor on 12/2 just got my VIN today with a 8/22 build week. If I'm lucky I would prob get it in September sometime. 9 month wait?!

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Toyota is in desperation mode to the point they have lowered QC standards to reduce rejection rates on suspension and brake components. It's not just chips they are having issues procuring.