Are other car manufacturers having part issues and production delays?

Are other car manufacturers having part issues and production delays?

• Yes

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Just see results

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chips and all vehicle parts. All of them. Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Hundai, Ford, GM, Fiat Chrysler, etc. Not trolling, I know I can Google, just asking the forum.

OP
OP
KCHawkeye02

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, I agree. Have heard others ordering a TRX and it being delivered in a couple months. Just less demand on Rams? Again to be clear, I love the Raptor and it's the only vehicle I want to buy.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
True, I agree. Have heard others ordering a TRX and it being delivered in a couple months. Just less demand on Rams? Again to be clear, I love the Raptor and it's the only vehicle I want to buy.

I am in a TRX group also because I was having some crazy thoughts a while back. Most of them are in the same boat, might be a few that squeeze through, just like low optioned raptors.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine canceled his Porsche Cayenne S order after just under a year with no movement. I don't have any idea what that delay was but I know that they do allocations for their top end models as well. Getting a GT4 RS allocation is about like winning the lotto.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having a hard time buying an econo box for my girl. ADM, mandatory add ons, or order one and never hear back. Mazda, Toyota, and Hyundai.

Pretty crazy.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7 months to get my wife’s GMC AT4. I was told if it wasn’t fully loaded we could have had it sooner. But it’s still missing 3 “chips.”

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, though some more than others. I have many friends who work in the auto industry for various suppliers. It's not just chips that are short, although they get a lot of the press.

Quality control has also been lowered. Parts that would have been rejected as blemished are now readily accepted by assemblers and manufacturers due to lack of alternatives. These are cosmetic differences, mostly, and on parts you aren't going to see in the final product, but it's also an ongoing issue.

mattncsu

Reaction score
It’s all manufacturers unfortunately. And if you think it’s bad with the Raptors, try ordering a Bronco.

Ordering a Bronco and what options/trim feels like….

Attachments

• 7EDC6EC1-76AD-4756-B113-EC3EC255CC8F.jpeg
    7EDC6EC1-76AD-4756-B113-EC3EC255CC8F.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24