Are Fox Shocks Covered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fl1by

Reaction score
Bottom Line: Are Raptor Shocks covered under any Ford maintenance/Service/Warranty/Extended plan?

If Not are there any 3rd party plans that would cover it that are worth the cost? I would buy a good plan.

My Raptor is being built on the week of 27 July!!! Trying to figure out the warranty plans / scams.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory fox shocks are covered to a certain point. With that being said, the rebuild cost will be on you. Now to determine if it is necessary to go to a third party suspension system, yes there are plenty of options. But you neeed to be able to justify them (well not really). What i really mean by "justify" is if upgrading to lets say 3.0s by fox will fit your needs. If you plan on staying on the road most of the time then i would stick with the stock shocks, because of the immense engineering that went into them to give them the bost of both worlds. This is all IMO feel free to add to any of this.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I gather, no they are not covered under the Ford Warranty. Haven't had much experience with any 3rd party warranties so I cannot comment on those.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are covered under the factory warranty. Just because they are fix doesn't change anything. They are OEM and covered for the length of your warranty.

However they are considered a wear item just like brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fl1by

fl1by

Reaction score
I contacted Ford 1800 number... They are covered under the maintenance plan... Which can be extended... But the other "premium customer care" packages will not cover them.. Damn... buy one package, buy two, or just buy shocks... roll the dice, save the money or figure out the middle ground.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't help you make that decision but can tell you what I did. Had stock replaced under warranty and ordered 3.0 that are on the way now. Going to keep the stock around for when my 3.0 or my friends 3.0 need to be rebuilt. I will probably extend my warranty to help with all the electronic crap that can fail. That and steering rack that will probably fail again. So the extended warranty can still be well worth it without worrying at all about the shocks.

memheli

Reaction score
I've got a shock leaking and the dealer is telling me that they are not covered under the extended warranty. Was looking at getting another extension to 125K but not sure what route I'll take.