ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Lambert

Reaction score
nick@apollo-optics
Regarding the Deavers Setup. I’m going to be towing a 8’X20 trailer occasionally. Once, unhooked will the ride be compromised and potentially sag eventually?

I’m addition, may want to increase the height more in the front and back but may just stick with the 35s. Definitely, need to level the truck with a spring setup in the back.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brettmess24 - regarding the Icon Setup. I’m going to be towing a 8’X20 trailer occasionally. Once, unhooked will the ride be compromised and potentially sag eventually?

The deavers I have are +2HD so stock height and heavy duty made for a constant 350 lb load. With the load and my 24’ Yamaha boat it dropped the rear about 3/4” when towing and a 500lb tongue weight.

I have the icons set in setting 2 and have not towed with them yet but it lifted my truck 2” over stock with 300lbs in the bed.

Sag I guess eventually with many many miles the ride is great with both sets of leaf springs. No compromise only an improvement in ever scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Deavers account for the drivers side sag with a full fuel tank? It looks like crap compared to my GEN1, I never fill the GEN2 past 3/4 tank now.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Deavers account for the drivers side sag with a full fuel tank? It looks like crap compared to my GEN1, I never fill the GEN2 past 3/4 tank now.
I have never. Noticed a sag of any kind. Maybe hit the tread mill more often... just a thought! Apeil fools, lol

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday $1399 shipped for Deavers +3 from Raptor lights. I was looking at Icons but some say they are too high. I just installed Eibach up front and truck sits level to a hair nose high. See what the Deavers do to the stance and ride. I also got the forged off road bump stop pads. I couldn't bring myself to use the cheap bolt spacer fix as some claim it isn't ideal over the pads.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday $1399 shipped for Deavers +3 from Raptor lights. I was looking at Icons but some say they are too high. I just installed Eibach up front and truck sits level to a hair nose high. See what the Deavers do to the stance and ride. I also got the forged off road bump stop pads. I couldn't bring myself to use the cheap bolt spacer fix as some claim it isn't ideal over the pads.
How did you like the new Deavers and Eibach's?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Going to do similar but am leaning to deaver +3 HDs. I prefer some rake & will for sure be pushing payload limits once or twice a month on average. I don’t tow that heavy or very often (twin jet skis or utility trailer) but do not want any sag & would rather be safe & slightly stiff than sorry lol

Wife got me the Eibach front springs for Xmas, Ford Raptor lights Jeff in MA delivered direct to my door....in a GEN 2 raptor of course lol- good service! I wasn’t home but wife told me that. I’m guessing was pushing it close to getting here in time for the holidays & their MA location isn’t too far from my house so guess they decided to play Santa a little last week lol

Reaction score
I keep seeing people talk about the wheel hop, which seems intuitive, but I want to see what others are experiencing before I invest in these. My may concern is the onroad behavior on concrete highways that aren't smooth and have that dreaded bouncing motion. When I look at my rear axle while I'm driving, the tires bounce pretty significantly and the truck oscillates to the point that you can't talk without your voice bouncing/wavering. I'm guessing you all know what I mean?

This being said, how much do the Deavers +3 help with this? Does it smooth out the road manners significantly in this fashion? Anyone live in the south Denver area that has the Deaver's?